Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
‘21 Passport AWD Touring, ‘21 Ridgeline HPD Sport & ‘21 Pilot Elite
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pics from today of mods so far. Let me know what you think. Some may recall I had vinyl stripes on front quarter panels. Removed those after a couple of weeks. Today added the Honda roof basket powder coated to match the wheels and the Honda bug deflector on the hood. Next week Honda trailer hitch will get added. Been waiting on the relocation kit on the hatch opener. The hitch has been sitting at dealer since my purchase as it was part of the deal.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Nice!

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,218 Posts
Looks great!

(If you recall, I was the only person to say they did not like the stripes)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,670 Posts
Looks great with the wheels and roof basket!
What do you think about plasti dipping the badges and H on the back in a gold color to match?
Not sure how it would look, but something other than the chrome would nail the look!

Reactions: stevenD

·
Registered
‘21 Passport AWD Touring, ‘21 Ridgeline HPD Sport & ‘21 Pilot Elite
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This thing is tall. I learned lesson in a parking garage today. It was ugly and top rails of basket have a little of that fresh beautiful new powder coat scratched off. At least it’s not visible until you stand up on the back seat door sills.

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
436 Posts
Oh no! Something I would never have even thought about, now that a have a roof rack.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Never happened to me, but every winter I throw my Packasport on my roof rack and paranoia sets in trying always remember to not pull into parking garage. A friend of mine witnessed a Packasport get ripped off of a Suburban as the women drove into a mall parking garage.

Another thing that happens is the people that place their bicycles on roof racks not remembering that they’re up there and drive into restaurant drive throughs, personal garages or carports and with the price of bikes today that can easily be a $10,000 F up, and that’s not even including the damage to the car or rack. A close friend of my had my bike at his house which he loaded up onto his car for a bike ride the next day, as I was waiting for him I told my girlfriend that I was going to wait for him downstairs because I didnt want him to drive into the carport, and literally 3 seconds later he drove under the carport with both bikes on the roof, luckily the bike were full suspension and once the seats hit the carport beam it compressed the suspension and bent his Yakima cross bars not causing any damage to the bikes, but left four hamburger size dents in the roof of his car where the towers sat.

When I use to carry my bikes on the roof I hung a bride orange warning piece of tarp from my garage door, that way when I push the garage door button it would be visible after the door was opened. Now I carry the bikes on the back but I get paranoid of tailgaters rear ending me and destroying not only the PP but the $10,000+ worth of bikes on back

·
Registered
70 Posts
Now I carry the bikes on the back but I get paranoid of tailgaters rear ending me and destroying not only the PP but the $10,000+ worth of bikes on back
This is one reason why I don't purchase exercise equipment - it's simply too great a risk! And I could get a cramp doing situps!

I'm doing my part...for safety! 😃

·
Registered
257 Posts
OEM hitch and transmission cooler now installed.
View attachment 12059
Did you install the wiring harness ?

As you may or may not know I’m anal about removing emblems, the first thing I did after buying my PP was remove my emblems, I even went as far as to remove that small tow decal that’s on your hitch and reapplied it to a non-visible area on the hitch

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has your car gone up?
What is the size of the wheels and tires?
Will it affect the turn?
Thank you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts