Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pages 236 & 237 of the Owners manual.

Just wanted to know if anyone has done this?

cheers

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,390 Posts
Pages 236 & 237 of the Owners manual.

Just wanted to know if anyone has done this?

cheers
of course I did. My only complaint about the wallpaper is it doesn’t show like your computer, iPad, or iPhone display. Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
338 Posts
of course I did. My only complaint about the wallpaper is it doesn’t show like your computer, iPad, or iPhone display. Or am I missing something?
What do you mean that it doesn't show like those other screens?

·
Super Moderator
1,390 Posts
What do you mean that it doesn't show like those other screens?
Sorry, that was totally unclear - at start up of my vehicle it doesn’t show, (like our other apple devices do)
After I go thru the warning sign, that I forget what it says, then there is one more disclaimer, then I go to my home screen, (radio, navigation, maintenance, car play, etc). And I think it’s a two swipe then to get to the wallpaper? It seems very odd?

Reactions: Nipper Dog

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sorry, that was totally unclear - at start up of my vehicle it doesn’t show, (like our other apple devices do)
After I go thru the warning sign, that I forget what it says, then there is one more disclaimer, then I go to my home screen, (radio, navigation, maintenance, car play, etc). And I think it’s a two swipe then to get to the wallpaper? It seems very odd?
I was thinking about trying it but it doesn't sound like even it's worth the effort.

·
Super Moderator
1,390 Posts
I thought it was a cool concept to personalize the display like other electronics, but it might be just something I am doing wrong?

I am about to leave and will poke around on the settings again.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I thought it was a cool concept to personalize the display like other electronics, but it might be just something I am doing wrong?

I am about to leave and will poke around on the settings again.
Please let us know if you get it working the way you think it should.

·
Super Moderator
1,390 Posts
Please let us know if you get it working the way you think it should.
well, time to read up on the 661 page manual. I can’t seem to get it to do more than this when I go to settings, time/date, chose clock background. And then It will not show this unless I go thru all those steps. So yeah, what’s the point?

·
Registered
338 Posts
well, time to read up on the 661 page manual. I can’t seem to get it to do more than this when I go to settings, time/date, chose clock background. And then It will not show this unless I go thru all those steps. So yeah, what’s the point?

View attachment 4491
Well, you gave it your best shot and saved many of us a lot of trouble. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,390 Posts
I will crack open the manual tomorrow and see if there is something I’m missing and report back.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don’t know if the Touring/Elite system is different but on my EX-L, if I have the clock on display let’s say with the custom wallpaper when I shut down, then it’ll boot up with the same screen when I start up the next time. (After Honda logo and disclaimer of course)
So until I switch to a different screen/function the custom wallpaper will stay showing. Has anyone tried an animated gif as a wallpaper yet?
Curious to see if the display supports it.

·
Super Moderator
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don’t know if the Touring/Elite system is different but on my EX-L, if I have the clock on display let’s say with the custom wallpaper when I shut down, then it’ll boot up with the same screen when I start up the next time. (After Honda logo and disclaimer of course)
So until I switch to a different screen/function the custom wallpaper will stay showing. Has anyone tried an animated gif as a wallpaper yet?
Curious to see if the display supports it.
No but, If you do, I'm interested in hearing about it...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts