Honda Passport Forum banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,170 Posts
Chrome (real chrome) was beautiful on those old 50s and 60s autos.
I believe it was the advent of the landau vinyl roof that killed it. I had one or two of them myself.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,897 Posts
Hello PP fans, I was at the dealer today getting my first oil change and they had a 2019 PP Elite in their showroom, it was black with the gun metal gray rims - the same color as I have on my Touring, I was there early and there were no salespeople to ask, but I though it was strange and btw they looked great on it!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey guys.

It seems that most folks here are NOT fans of the black wheels (to say the least). I'm wondering if anyone actually LIKES the black wheels?

Just curious. :)
NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE........I don't have enough time in my life to constantly keep them clean and dusted so actually look black and not white!! Bad move honda!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I bought the Elite and told my dealer, I’ll pay for the optional wheels. The Elite in the showroom was black with black rims and 2 of the rim’s had chips on them, I asked the dealer how did chips get on the rim’s with 6 miles on it? His answer; “We will paint the chips for you if you buy it today.” I’m old and know I’d scrape the black ones, so I figured go with the grey and silver optional wheels. I do have the black ones in boxes in my garage and will use them with winter tires.The black wheels are the popular way to go these days that is why every car maker has them on so many models.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey guys.

It seems that most folks here are NOT fans of the black wheels (to say the least). I'm wondering if anyone actually LIKES the black wheels?

Just curious. :)
I actually like the black wheels. However, the amount of times I have to touch them up in 11 months of owner ship will make me switch to different ones next truck.

·
Registered
903 Posts
With the elevated wheel wells with the black lining and the black wheels, I though my PP looked like a stork. Now after an 18-month enjoyable ownership, I just got used to them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I love, love, love the black wheels!!!
Me too!......I am buying a touring and I am hoping they have black wheels !!!! better have not sure why buying touring but it seems like the top of the line ...I am getting white ,grey or silver with black wheels ...I have seen it in gray with the gray wheels too and looks good too .....deciions hmmmm

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
450 Posts
The Touring comes with gray wheels. The Elite comes with black.

·
2,897 Posts
The Touring comes with gray wheels. The Elite comes with black.

Since the Touring is the top of the line in Canada, can anyone can anyone confirm what the wheel color is?

·
Registered
337 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I missed that Kaytlin is from Canada. Panda is correct.

·
Registered
‘20 Black Copper PPE
47 Posts
🙋🏻‍♂️🙋🏻‍♂️🙋🏻‍♂️🙋🏻‍♂️🙋🏻‍♂️ I do, I do, I do...

·
2,897 Posts
Wow, did you see the cost of Black Lug Nuts in Canada?

Then scroll down to EXTERIOR and then scroll down a bit more, the text says:

"Create a different look with a set of black lug nuts. Each package has a quantity of 4 lug nuts. 5 sets required to outfit the entire vehicle."

Which sound like you need FIVE sets, right?

Now look at the cost..........$460 (Canadian) Dollars!

Meaning a full set for your Passport would run you $2,300!

Which is MORE than my new Wheels, Tires and Black (Non-OEM) lug nuts cost....!

Ye-ow!

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I wonder what it costs to get them from the US. I don't know if Canada has to pay any duties.

Year's ago, my uncle was visiting from Australia. We went shopping for Harley Davidson parts. They were cheaper here, but after duties and shipping, they were going to cost a little more.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hate them, one thing that irritates me about black rims is when you go to your local tire shop to have them rotated, they rebalance them but don’t remove the old white tape and then installed silver colored weights, what would it take to rattle can a bunch of them black first thing in the morning AND REMOVE the old tape

81 - 100 of 103 Posts