61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hey guys.

It seems that most folks here are NOT fans of the black wheels (to say the least). I'm wondering if anyone actually LIKES the black wheels?

Just curious. :)
My beef is that the black spoke wheel design with the thin black tires make my Luna Silver Elite look like its standing on stilts, like a stork. They seem to disappear into the dark wheel wells. Just my take on the wheel design. Other than the wheels, I love the design and features of the car.

·
Super Moderator
702 Posts
Anyone with a modern steel (preferably Elite AWD) change out your wheels for a matte finish? If so,
can you send me or post a photo showing the rims and the side of your passport enough to see how they look with all the gloss finishes? I’m trying to decide if I want to powder coat my wheels and we have so much gloss trim finishes, not sure if they will look ok.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't have what you are looking for, but I was browsing a local wheel repair on Yelp and over 80 photos of work. Amazing what they can do with powder coating. The 10% black powder coating wheels sure has a nice sheen to them.

·
Super Moderator
702 Posts
I don't have what you are looking for, but I was browsing a local wheel repair on Yelp and over 80 photos of work. Amazing what they can do with powder coating. The 10% black powder coating wheels sure has a nice sheen to them.
Thanks! I got some photos from another owner who changed out his wheels and tires. The matte finish looks good!

I think I’m going to wait a bit and then buy new wheels and tires when these wear out, and I will get tires with an edge on it like I had on my CRV that keeps me off curbs. And then hopefully by then, I’m better at parking and not turfing curbs in my stock wheels and tires. My Passport is a whole lot wider and I’m still getting used to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got my Sport Passport five days ago. I think the black wheels look great, but I could change my opinion once they get dirty and lose their shine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks! I got some photos from another owner who changed out his wheels and tires. The matte finish looks good!

I think I’m going to wait a bit and then buy new wheels and tires when these wear out, and I will get tires with an edge on it like I had on my CRV that keeps me off curbs. And then hopefully by then, I’m better at parking and not turfing curbs in my stock wheels and tires. My Passport is a whole lot wider and I’m still getting used to it.
Can you please share photos of the Passport w/ black matte finish wheels? Going to get my Touring wheels coated and can't decide on gloss/matte.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all, I am new here, if anyone has the black 20" wheels and don't like them, i am looking to acquire a set
please let me know if anyone is getting rid of them. Thank you
I currently own a 2019 Honda Ridgeline and are in the Market to get a Passport for the wife ..

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like the black wheels....always odd man out. if anyone in Winnipeg has a set for sale at a good price.......

·
Registered
344 Posts
I like the black wheels....always odd man out. if anyone in Winnipeg has a set for sale at a good price.......
You could always do what we did and have them powder coated if you have a place local. Cost us $600 to get ours done black. The powdered coating will last longer and is stronger than paint too. Just an idea.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like the black wheels with the Deep Scarlet Pearl, I think they work well with the rest of the trim. I don't think that chrome or gunmetal would look good, it seem out of balance.
20191010_162411-2.jpg

·
Registered
252 Posts
After owning the car for 4 months I now prefer the black wheels although it would have been better with 17 or 18” black wheels!

61 - 77 of 77 Posts