Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Super Moderator
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

It seems that most folks here are NOT fans of the black wheels (to say the least). I'm wondering if anyone actually LIKES the black wheels?

Just curious. :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
I do not. After a year of ownership, they’ll look like crap. Only way to save them is if you get a dedicated wheel/tire combo for winter. My .02¢

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't mind how they look, but I agree they will be hard to keep in good condition and sourcing tires could be a pain.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't like them, or the black mirrors. the body colored mirrors on the Pilot
looks great. It looks like they grabbed the mirrors on the LX, or a black car, and expect
everyone to like them on other colors. Save it for a black edition instead!
The gray wheels are real nice on the Touring, easy to clean design to.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think Honda got it wrong. The black wheels should be on the Sport Trim only. All others should have a bright or polished wheel design. If I am going to spend all that money for an Elite model and get those ruddy looking wheels, then no thanks.

·
Super Moderator
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think Honda got it wrong. The black wheels should be on the Sport Trim only. All others should have a bright or polished wheel design. If I am going to spend all that money for an Elite model and get those ruddy looking wheels, then no thanks.
Same story with the Acura RDX. The top of the line Advance level (like Honda's Elite) got the worst looking wheels. Doesn't make any sense to me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Seems like many manufacturers are going to black wheels. Hence the new 4Runner Nightshade. It’s the way of the new world I guess.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The A-Spec is definitely the better look trim on the new RDX. Seems to be a recurring theme with Honda.
The A-Spec is the murdered out model for the kids that most of us have no interest in. It should have stayed at Counts Customs. : )

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey guys.

It seems that most folks here are NOT fans of the black wheels (to say the least). I'm wondering if anyone actually LIKES the black wheels?

Just curious. :)
I have the other option of Honda black rims 20 in . They are really nice . Different than the ones on the elite model . Sorry no pic . Love um

·
Registered
64 Posts
Chrome has been making a comeback and it looks clean even when it's not. Black looks great clean but you have to wash your vehicle continuously. I don't have time for that and that fad is already getting old on the custom car shows.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Same story with the Acura RDX. The top of the line Advance level (like Honda's Elite) got the worst looking wheels. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Here’s just my theory and I’ve seen it with the ford trucks I’ve owned also. They put these wheels on knowing these owners will probably buy aftermarket or another oem rim. The current set either goes to the dealer whom will sell at a profit or the smart owner will sell them outright. Dealer takeoff rims are huge profit center on eBay selling rims the customer already paid for!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love the look of the black wheels, especially on the modern steel metallic. I think the Passport looks pretty aggressive with the black wheels, more tinted windows and the roof rack. I also know the black wheels are more maintenance. But for just looks, I think the black wheels are nice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought the EX-L with pewter wheels. If anyone is in the SF bay area that has black wheels that wants to trade, let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
I would rather have the black wheels in a gunmetal finish, something to add just a bit of contrast.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts