Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the 2032 battery in my remote with a fresh one that I had checked with a voltmeter, but this message keeps appearing about 75% of the times I start the car.

I couldn't find anything in the manual about resetting something so that I no longer see it. Even after I press the 'Enter' button, the message disappears but I'm still left with the little orange 'I'.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess that's a possibility but my wife rarely ever drives my PP. Just for the hell of it, I'm gonna change hers too because she's often in the car with me.

Thanks, I'll let you know if that takes care of it. 👍

·
Registered
589 Posts
You might be on the correct path.
I'll compare your Passport "Keyless Remote Linking & Setup" to that of my old MDX requirements.

For the MDX:
Sit in the car, with the doors closed.
Press Lock on the Key fob.
Press Lock & Unlock together, once.

Good luck finding the correct "Keyless Remote Linking & Setup" procedure, for the Passport.

Reactions: Nipper Dog

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I'll try that if replacing my wife's remote battery doesn't take care of it.

·
Registered
2021 Touring AWD
42 Posts
There is no procedure. If it detects the remote battery is low it will flash that message. If the battery is good it won't. For whatever reason the remotes sometimes do not like aftermarket batteries. I'm not sure if the quality control of the batteries is poor or they're just old, but we see it a lot at the dealership. Customers will replace them and say the light is still on and we put one of our batteries in and the notification is gone.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,535 Posts
Sometimes batteries are defunct even though brand new. Can you try another two?
And don't allow the 2032 to touch each other in your pocket or a drawer unopened.
They will overheat and melt or burn whatever they are next to.

Reactions: linkdude64

·
Registered
133 Posts
Use a bigger hammer?
I'm kidding...I kid.

·
Registered
589 Posts
There is no procedure.. I'm not sure if the quality control of the batteries is poor or they're just old, but we see it a lot at the dealership.
I agree completely with your above Quality Control statement and it applies to car manufacturers too. See Honda Recall #101, Controls and Displays and #111, Rear Visibility.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts