Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the garage door is fully opened....Has anyone run into a problem when opening the lift gate and it hitting the garage opener rail or the garage door itself?...Called Honda and they said there is no height adjustment on the Passport lift gate (the Pilot and CRV has a way of setting how high you want the lift gate to go up).

·
Registered
278 Posts
When the garage door is fully opened....Has anyone run into a problem when opening the lift gate and it hitting the garage opener rail or the garage door itself?...Called Honda and they said there is no height adjustment on the Passport lift gate (the Pilot and CRV has a way of setting how high you want the lift gate to go up).
One option is to open the tailgate manually if you have a height restriction. Of course it would be better to have a setting to stop the tailgate, but this might be a work-round.

Another option might be to back into your garage so that the open tailgate is past the garage door opener?

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you put your finger on the open button and hold it there for a few seconds, it will let you open it manually. You then move it to the desired height. Then push and hold the button to close the door and it should set that as the height it will open to next time. I think this is how it works.

I haven't actually tried it but I think I read that somewhere.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Can’t speak to the garage height part, however, you can open the lift gate to a specific height where it will stay if you set the open button on the door for manual instead of power. However, anytime you use power it will fully open.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you put your finger on the open button and hold it there for a few seconds, it will let you open it manually. You then move it to the desired height. Then push and hold the button to close the door and it should set that as the height it will open to next time. I think this is how it works.

Just tried. Can confirm the first half is correct. However, once you reopen with power, it fully opens.

·
Registered
278 Posts

My preferred way to open the tailgate is manually (no beep and its faster), however the door motors push the tailgate to full height. I haven't seen yet where it can be stopped at a certain height other than by holding it with my hand. I'll have to experiment ...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Here are a couple of ways to stop the tailgate:

1552410088855.png

1552410146989.png

I haven't tried either yet, but will test out when I can.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Here are a couple of ways to stop the tailgate:

View attachment 1201
View attachment 1203

I haven't tried either yet, but will test out when I can.
I tried both of the methods above as well as pressing the tailgate button on the key fob once the tailgate was in motion. The tailgate did not stop, it simply reversed direction (I tried pressing and pressing + holding to no avail). Perhaps someone else can figure out how to make the tailgate stop. Based on the things I've tried, the only way I see to make to tailgate stop at a certain height is to hold it with my hand (only when opening manually). I don't see how to stop it using the automatic buttons ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts