Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else wondering when IIHS Crash tests will come out? The Passenger Small Overlap test in the Pilot only scored an Average and upon reading the description the passengers head rolled off the airbag and hit the dash with decent force. It only scored a marginal in Passenger restraints and dummy kinematics. A Average in lower leg and foot and head and neck area.

Here's the description:

Passenger injury measures
A high head acceleration occurred when the dummy's head hit the dashboard, indicating that head injuries would be possible in a crash of this severity. Injuries to the right lower leg would also be possible.

Passenger restraints and dummy kinematics
The dummy’s head barely contacted the frontal airbag before sliding off the right side, allowing the head to move far enough forward to hit the dashboard. The side curtain airbag deployed and has sufficient forward coverage to protect the head from contact with side structure and outside objects. The side torso airbag also deployed.

Now this is for the PILOT not the PASSPORT. Tho they are similar the Ridgeline which is also similar also tests similar. I'm guessing Honda is most likely not going to change much to improve this to good. I know this might not be a big deal to some but my wifes going to most likely being the one in this seat so if something ever happened It would really bother me knowing I picked the passport over the Ascent of CX-9 that scores a good in the Passenger Small Overlap test.

Just wondering if anyone else wondered this.

Here's the crash test video for the Pilot
-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts