Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Passport Touring AWD
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car 2021 passport touring just hit 3k miles. Along with the leaky sunroof, loose steering wheel and horribly fitted body panels. Yesterday while driving home from work my car sounded like a waterfall. I eventually turned the ac off and the noise went away. Well today I check and my passenger side carpet is soaked ! Water is pouring out from behind the wheel well foot area. I have contacted Honda numerous times now going on 3 weeks now with no calls or contacts from them. The dealer is too far away to keep driving back and forth. I am seriously regretting this vehicle at this point.

Does anyone any other way to contact Honda besides their email or call service? Does social media work in these types of circumstances?

·
Registered
444 Posts
If you call Honda they will most likely refer you to a dealer. If you want to take a look at this yourself, this thread may help. Sorry you are dealing with so many issues. I too have some poor body panel fits.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This sounds like the AC drain tube not fully set. You might look at an online repair manual to see how to reattach…save the drive to dealer

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I will add this to another issue for the dealer as I am going to have to go there anyways to get the leaking sunroof fixed and the steering wheel that’s loose.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry for your problems. I'm having similar quality issues on a 2021 with 3400 miles. Mine has been sitting at the dealer for over a week. It would not start and is just kind of dead. The dealer told me today that they believe it is the transmission control module. Good times.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My last car was a Lemon GMC Terrain Unibody was welded incorrectly from the factory this is very disappointing going from that to now what seems to me more issues.. Ill see what the dealer says and I will attempt to call honda again. If worst comes to worse I will sell the thing and go get something else.

·
Banned
513 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I will add this to another issue for the dealer as I am going to have to go there anyways to get the leaking sunroof fixed and the steering wheel that’s loose.
Have you yet to experience the grinding noise on cold start?

·
Registered
21’ Silver touring
38 Posts
I’m pretty bummed,as stated in numerous posts about the fit and finish of this Honda. I’m just glad I have an insane lease deal and will trade it or turn it in in the next couple of years.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you yet to experience the grinding noise on cold start?
I haven't experienced that one yet. The only issue I get from a gold start is my steering wheels creaks, snap, crackles and moves. After a while it simmers down though.

·
Banned
28 Posts
So my car 2021 passport touring just hit 3k miles. Along with the leaky sunroof, loose steering wheel and horribly fitted body panels. Yesterday while driving home from work my car sounded like a waterfall. I eventually turned the ac off and the noise went away. Well today I check and my passenger side carpet is soaked ! Water is pouring out from behind the wheel well foot area. I have contacted Honda numerous times now going on 3 weeks now with no calls or contacts from them. The dealer is too far away to keep driving back and forth. I am seriously regretting this vehicle at this point.

Does anyone any other way to contact Honda besides their email or call service? Does social media work in these types of circumstances?
I don’t know where you live, but in New York there is an office of Consumer affairs. They are a bunch of you “pit Bull” lawyers “cutting their teeth“ I think legal profession. I would check with your state.

In you letter I would outline the contacts you have made and dates. Include both dealer and Honda Corp. explain the problems you have been having and the number of times you have tried to resolve issues. I have used them on two instances not car related, but when they contacted the stores I had disputes with, It got their attention in a hurry and the problems were resolved. In NY state we have a lemon law related to car issues. If the problem is not resolved after three attempts, the car must be replaced. Needless to say dealers and manufacturers try real hard to solve problems As it will cost them a car replacement.

I had a friend a few years ago, before the Lemon Law, was so pissed with not getting any action On his car problems that he made a large sign and would park in front of the dealership warning people not to buy his model of car and especially from that dealer. After several days of his picketing he was able to get a resolution to his problem. Drastic action??? Yes, but desperate times call for desperate measures. The sticker on your car had to be in the $40K range…not cheap…

Good luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the reply. I Unfourtanitly am very familiar with the Lemon Law in NYS. Before this Honda Passport I had a GMC Terrain which sounded like golf balls rolling around in the ceiling area. Come to find out at the admittance of the dealer and GM the car was a manufactures defect and nothing could be done to fix it. I immediately got an attorney at we went for the lemon law. Unfourtanitly for me NY doesn't have a "breach of warranty" in the lemon law (as I was told) and it would take more time to fight to get out of the car rather than just getting rid of it. GM would not and did not have to replace the car and they did not have to fix it. So I was stuck with a defective car and all I received was a "Good will compensation payout".

I really really don't want to have to go through that crap again with this car. I definitely will check out the consumer affairs as suggested and will continue to try and work with Honda.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree! I will more than likely be taking it to places to either sell or trade in.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
update got ahold of Honda finally after playing phone tag for a month. The answer they gave me was "take it to a dealer and see what they say" we than asked about a rental car and our dealer being over 100+ miles away and they said that there is nothing that they can do about that and its up to the dealer. We also mentioned due to the amount of water build up and the condensation all over the interior of the car is there something we can do to get the car cleaned or something? And that was met with no answer and they changed the subject... After hanging up I had to go out to run errands and now the HVAC system and fan completely don't work now. It sounds like a loud grinding noise and barley anything comes out of the vents. 😡😡😡 this car has been a complete nightmare. I will 100% be getting rid of this!

·
Registered
292 Posts
That is absolute bullshit, I could only imagine how pissed I’d be with all the problems you’re going through. I’ve been wondering if I have a water leak somewhere, the other morning I was leaving for work and my windshield would not clear up, I eventually had to wipe it with a towel so I could start heading off to work

I sold my ‘05 Element that I bought new and with 200k miles and not one issue to a close friend to purchase my PP. Just the other day my wife and I were talking about how neither of us thought both of our new Honda/Acura vehicles will last as long as both of our previous vehicles.

I have definitely seen Honda’s quality drop over the decades and with all of this new technology I only see it getting worse. They need to make basic and Elite models and I’ll take the basic.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is what the HVAC system sounds like now. Besides water coming out, Air basically doesn't....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update. So I got ahold of another customer service agent. The one I was working with was absolutely useless. In-particular we told her times and days we were free to be contacted and take the vehicle in. She always contacted me while I was at work after telling her numerous times that wouldn't work. She even went as far as scheduling a service appointment out our wedding day that we told her numerous times the date.

So finally I contacted honda again and asked for a supervisor and talked to a more helpful person. He said that Honda is working on getting us a loaner reimbursement case because the last customer service agent told me it would be $33 a day for a loaner and I told her she was out of her mind. The other thing he told me is Unfourtanitly due to the covid pandemic the car probably wasn't built to a very high quality thats why I notice large gaps and some questionable trim pieces around the car. Although the guy was honest and helpful. That is not really what I wanted to hear especially for a 42k car.

So now I am waiting for the supervisor to call me with an update regarding the loaner reimbursement. Still a leaking AC, Little/non working HVAC system, loose steering wheel and a sunroof that is leaking.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts