Honda Passport Forum banner

ANC Disable

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  stevenD 
#1 ·
I was on the Pilot website today and saw a guy with a 2018 Pilot who was able to disable the ANC in the secret hidden menu, has anyone tried that?

Or can someone look or tell me how to get into it so I can look?

Seems like it would be easier and less intrusive than doing it manually.

Thanks

#5 · (Edited)
My (limited) understanding of the Auto Noise Cancelling (ANC) system, if that it works like the Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones.

That engine and outside noise are sampled and then an inverse wave is sent through the stereo, which in-effect negates the noise.

The problem is that it is tuned to the Honda Stereo system and if you try to change the sub-woofer the new sub creates low frequency tones which the ANC somehow garbles up creating weird sound resonnance and other anomalies.

There are people here who have manually disconnected the ANC and they swear that the stereo sounds better, which is why I am interested.

#6 ·
"There are people here who have manually disconnected the ANC and they swear that the stereo sounds better, which is why I am interested."

They are entitled to their opinion. My opinion is that the sound engineers (with all their advanced diagnostic equipment - plus experience) know better.

YMMV.

#8 ·
I see no reason to even try disabling my ANC, now that I have upgraded my speakers...!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.