Honda Passport Forum banner

America's Best SUV Brand

6K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  hondo 
#1 ·
Reviews of both the Honda CR-V and Pilot have been nothing less than stellar and Honda has been named America's Best SUV Brand by U.S News and World Report, for two years running. These recently refreshed versions have seen upgraded technology, more premium features and sales have climbed significantly over the first 10 months of 2018.

#4 ·
That's great news, because this will be my first Honda (purchased by me for me) since my 1985 Prelude (which I had over 10 years and loved)..

#6 ·
#10 ·
Have you see the Kelly Blue Book list of the Best-buy 2019 vehicles in 14 different categories?
https://www.kbb.com/car-news/best-buy-awards/2100000577/

Strange how Honda won in 6 different categories (2 in SUV)! While Ford and Hyundai won in 2 each and there was not a Nissan, Toyota, Mazda or Subaru on their list..

I'll bet they (Nissan, Toyota, Mazda or Subaru) are all pissed...

#16 · (Edited)
Allow me to voice my opinion on the CR-V; I've had two of them (98, 16) and loved them both. However great it's only for one, maybe two; in a real pinch it can seat a small family. Although it seats five there's inadequate storage for an extended family roadtrip (requires a roof top box). And as a small buggy its front bucket seats are hard/ narrow. The newest generation is a bit larger BUT not enough to suit me.

In my enviroment and driving style I got 33 mpg with it; 10 better than my new ride.

I thought of it as my go-cart grocery getter, with a large dog cramped in the rear seat. My V gave way to the new PP.

Attachments

#17 ·
We've bought dozens of CRV's and stopped purchases once the 2017+ GDI high pressure/oil/fuel issue made technical reports. That issue has NOT been resolved despite Honda claims and ANY current Honda (CRV,Fit,Civic etc) using 1.5L Turbo is suspect and we both avoid these and tell all our associates to steer clear. The 2016's were the last acceptable version of Honda GDI systems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.