Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would think Honda expected to move more than 2840 Passports in March.
I saw my first tv commercial for the Passport yesterday. It was like they were holding out spending on advertising as long as they could.
Most of the 40+ dealers I've looked at in N CA seem to be getting larger and larger inventories (but nowhere the glut like Pilots) that aren't moving that quick.

·
Registered
534 Posts
On another thread on this forum its been said the last six digits of the S/N indicate the production number of the vehicle. My local dealer has two Passports with production numbers in the 10,000 and 12,000 range, yet year-to-date sales listed above is 4,814. So does this mean there are a LOT of Passports on dealers lots or sitting around somewhere in the country?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Couple of dealers near me, stock is 15 and 18 - and his s/n range is 261 to 11002. Lot of low s/n still out there.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Mine is #155. Purchased 3/14/19.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have seen essentially no marketing for this vehicle aside from the parody commercial for April fools. Sure Honda can rely on their badge to move units, but aside from enthusiasts a lot of people don't even know the Passport is already in stock at dealers.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Same thing with the Ridgeline when it first came out. I don't think I've ever seen a Ridgeline commercial.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,597 Posts
well look, like they sold a thousand more than last month... but i agree with the excessive stock build up at the dealers...

·
Registered
131 Posts
I don’t think people know about them yet. There is a serious lack of advertising. Come to think of it I haven’t seen any Honda commercials as of late.

·
Registered
534 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've seen Ridgeline, Pilot, and HR-V commercials advertising performance in the snow, but not a Passport one yet.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I saw a Passport commercial tonight on CNN.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just saw a Honda suv commercial saying blah blah best suvs on the market and here’s the complete lineup. Hrv, crv and pilot all parked next to each other. Guess they running an old commercial or passport didn’t make the cut

1 - 18 of 18 Posts