Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the first jackass to scrape up a rim??? I'm ready to punch myself in the face 100 times. I was going over a tiny metal bridge that exits into a curve. As I came off the bridge my back right rim clip the concrete barrier. First time in my life scraping a rim. I might be angry enough to just put a rim on the credit card :(

·
461 Posts
No your not, and sorry to see this and others have and just hasn’t happened to me YET and the PPs are wide asf ? / I was pulling away from a Starbucks drive thru and drove on a curb and dropped down pulling away and thought for sure ‘that was going to leave a mark’ and was shocked there wasn’t a scuff and my 1st car I have ever thought about having to check the rims for scuffs on occasion ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nope. Skuffed mine the day I bought it.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,965 Posts
I might be angry enough to just put a rim on the credit card :(
Well, we have a member here trying to sell all four of Touring Rims, I wouldn't mind buying one, but need to find three more people, he and I are in Southern California, where might you be?

PS: You could probably buy the Rim with a nearly new Tire for less than the Rim alone from the dealer...

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have a couple nicks on my touring wheel. Will try to use the dark gray touch up paint with the clear coat and report back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just had my rim repaired by the guy who does all the dealerships in my area. $75 and it looks like it never happened. Took about 10 mins.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,965 Posts
Just had my rim repaired by the guy who does all the dealerships in my area. $75 and it looks like it never happened. Took about 10 mins.
Wow, wish I made $450/hr... (lol)

I'm also hoping to find a touch-up paint that matches the Touring (Gun Metal Gray) Rims, if anyone finds one, please post it here...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Those darn low profile tires and 20” rims can complicate our driving experience, not much tire to bump when getting close to objects.

Reactions: Moab Junky

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm also hoping to find a touch-up paint that matches the Touring (Gun Metal Gray) Rims, if anyone finds one, please post it here...
I'm going to try the dark gray Honda touch up paint. Will stop by the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Wow, wish I made $450/hr... (lol)

You might want to check American Tire. They source out the job. Not sure the price.
Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
I knew I might scratch a rim and my teenage daughters were certainly more likely to damage one while learning to drive. Just put on a set of new 18" Ridgeline wheels with 245/60/18 Michelin Defender LTX tires yesterday. Taller tires should help and now we can air-down when beach driving. Low profile 20's would have been useless in sand.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just have to be way more careful and alert around curbs. I avoid them in our new PP. Gone through some tight drive thrus. Nail biting to say the least! One narly scrape and you will be reminded with the black wheels. We have the Elite.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I said in one of he earlier post "think of purchasing an extra rim" this way I can replaced the damaged rim with my spare that is on the shelf, then send the damaged one out for repairs. Always having a good rim on the shelf when needed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Am I the first jackass to scrape up a rim??? I'm ready to punch myself in the face 100 times. I was going over a tiny metal bridge that exits into a curve. As I came off the bridge my back right rim clip the concrete barrier. First time in my life scraping a rim. I might be angry enough to just put a rim on the credit card :(
Maybe just the first jackass on this forum to admit to it. :LOL:

Take some 100, 150 and 200 grit sandpaper to progressively knock down the rough edges, wipe it clean with some Isopropyl alcohol and slap some touch up paint on that sucker.

I just curbed my own wheel 2 days ago. ;) I'm blaming the jet lag. :sneaky:

·
Registered
325 Posts
I had to use “Ford Tuxedo black” for my rims, it was a pretty good match.

Reactions: Pdog

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Honda Dealer parts guy said their is no OEM touch-up paint for the Touring Gray rims...
He's technically correct, AFAIK Honda doesn't sell/make OEM wheel paint, only body color. Since the Passport wheels are painted vs. PVD, powder coat, etc., find the closest touch up paint body paint color and use that.

·
Registered
276 Posts
He's technically correct, AFAIK Honda doesn't sell/make OEM wheel paint, only body color. Since the Passport wheels are painted vs. PVD, powder coat, etc., find the closest touch up paint body paint color and use that.
I bought some Modern Steel Metallic touch up paint to fill in the nick on my touring wheel. It's a bit dark for the wheel, but pretty close. For what I need, it works. I'm continuing to fill it in and get as close to flush as possible, then put the clear coat on it. Looks OK.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts