Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Lunar Silver Metallic EX-L
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I see Honda has one specifically for the Passport, then there is the Weather Tech one, and some I see on Amazon which are cheaper but who knows if they will fit. Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
313 Posts
Most people on here like the WeatherTech mats because they cover more than the Honda ones do. There was one guy who bought the gray WeatherTechs and complained that they got dirty a lot. WeatherTech support wasn't very friendly to him when he complained to them about it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I had the tan WT floor liners and had to wash them with brake cleaner, once a year.
The guy with the grey ones should try that, with them out of his car.
Black WT floor liners $127 WT Floor Liner, front only don't show the dirt like other colors do.

Reactions: KW27

·
Registered
57 Posts
I brought the black ones from WeatherTech for my Touring Passport. They match the black interior. My seat are grey in color. I also brought the WeatherTech sunshade - fits the windshield perfect.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
72 Posts
Weathertech, black. I don't know who is more foolish, the company for producing gray liners or the people that buy them thinking they will not show filth. That being said, they provide superior protection and have served me quite well in every vehicle I have used them in. I'll use nothing but.

·
Super Moderator
2,098 Posts
I've used WeatherTech Floor Mats in the last (4) family vehicles, but opted to go with the Weathertech Floor Liners this time based on recommendations from people here and LOVE them! Main reason (as pointed out above) is they cover MORE area than the OEM Honda All weather floor mats!

·
Registered
5 Posts
KW27,
You might want to consider Maxliner or Smartliner mats. They’re just like Weathertech, but much cheaper. I bought mine, because of all the complaints of Weathertech edge curling (just google it), which defeats the purpose of the mats. So far, I’ve been very impressed with both fit and function. Mine are black, but I think they also come in gray.
Craig

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I see Honda has one specifically for the Passport, then there is the Weather Tech one, and some I see on Amazon which are cheaper but who knows if they will fit. Suggestions?
I got the Honda all-weather mats are great!

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
209 Posts
My previous 2 Accords and my wife's '18 CRV all had / have the WeatherTech floor lines. My Passport came with the Honda all weather mats in front, rear and cargo area included. The winters in Charlotte aren't that harsh and they don't use salt so I've been pleased with them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I guess I'm one of "the foolish ones" that bought the gray WeatherTech. But then again "cheferman" probably doesn't have a white lab that sheds. I think they gray look terrific, besides... when has black ever showed dirt?.....

·
Super Moderator
1,330 Posts
I got the OEM all season weather mats and they are great for my weather in SoCal.
If you live in really rainy or snowy conditions the WeatherTech is a better option.

And I clean mine with simple green and a scrub brush when I go to the self serve car wash or the garden hose at home.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
72 Posts
I guess I'm one of "the foolish ones" that bought the gray WeatherTech. But then again "cheferman" probably doesn't have a white lab that sheds. I think they gray look terrific, besides... when has black ever showed dirt?.....
You are correct! No dog. Black shows dirt, sand, you name it. That's the deal with a part that gets used for a specific surface protection. It gets dirty from daily use, you clean it. The showing is less w/ the darker color or In my mind they do. Good for you and choices, I just believe that a lighter color for that application is foolish regardless whether I have a green lizard, white Labrador, or Pinto Pony.

I'm sure owning and transporting a dog about, you have bigger cleaning issues than just gray floor mats.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts