Honda Passport Forum banner
1161 - 1180 of 1210 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Passport Elite
74 Posts
That’s a bummer and super frustrating. I’ve had mine fixed 4 times. The last fix was a month ago and that includes a 3000 road trip from Ohio to Colorado and back. So far so good, but I feel it’s only a matter of time. I cringe every time I go over a bump and I have literally no confidence in the system. It’s too bad…I otherwise love my passport.

·
Registered
2022 Passport Elite Obsidian Blue Pearl
31 Posts
It Just seems crazy that they were unable to resolve this at the very least before the 2020 year model since they surely would have had time to see what the 2019s went through, and correct it. This makes me nervous about my 2022 which will get delivered to my dealer next week.

·
Registered
757 Posts
It Just seems crazy that they were unable to resolve this at the very least before the 2020 year model since they surely would have had time to see what the 2019s went through, and correct it. This makes me nervous about my 2022 which will get delivered to my dealer next week.
It's a topic of particular interest to me but I've not come across anyone reporting the popping, cracking, shutting down infotainment system problem for the 2022 Passport/Pilot in six months of sale, so I think you can rest easy as far as that specific issue is concerned.

·
Registered
2020 Elite White Diamond Pearl Orange/Black Trim Go OSU Cowboys
15 Posts
No audio connection warranty fix. I just got my 2020 PP Elite back from my dealer. I’ve been experiencing the “No audio connection” situation occasionally. It seemed to happen after driving a distance. All audio shuts down. The dealer installed new housing and 2 cables with the note “Replaced Fakra/Most cables, cleared shutdown reasons. Verified repair” I’ll be going on a 4000+ mile trip in a few days, we’ll see if it’s fixed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's a topic of particular interest to me but I've not come across anyone reporting the popping, cracking, shutting down infotainment system problem for the 2022 Passport/Pilot in six months of sale, so I think you can rest easy as far as that specific issue is concerned.
Thanks for that information. Hope all the previous year owners can get this fixed.

Reactions: esto70

·
Registered
22 Posts
That’s a bummer and super frustrating. I’ve had mine fixed 4 times. The last fix was a month ago and that includes a 3000 road trip from Ohio to Colorado and back. So far so good, but I feel it’s only a matter of time. I cringe every time I go over a bump and I have literally no confidence in the system. It’s too bad…I otherwise love my passport.
Every time I go over a bump, the cracking noise starts right away. Sometime it stops if I hit the dash (above the head unit)!
It’s a shame Honda is ignoring this issue.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,748 Posts
Every time I go over a bump, the cracking noise starts right away. Sometime it stops if I hit the dash (above the head unit)!

My Honda Dealer fixed mine, several years ago, I seriously doubt Honda is ignoring the problem, and I know you are frustrated, maybe time to try another dealer???

·
Registered
2019 Honda Passport Elite
74 Posts
Super random, but try the door unlock/lock trick that another user suggested. Strangely, it worked for me and I have no idea why.

When the speakers start to crackle, push the door unlock button then lock them again (sometimes a couple times). This actually worked for me. It stopped the crackling immediately. The crackling usually comes back later on, so it’s not a fix. But it might help you keep your sanity for a few minutes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So it looks like we do have someone on the Facebook "Honda Passport" Group reporting a 2022 Passport with the infamous crackling noises. Hope it's an anomaly and not a continuing pattern.

Reactions: Passportwrx

·
Registered
31 Posts
By “anomaly”, you don’t mean an “isolated incident”?
@What!!? I think isolated incident is the better word! I guess we will find out as the months go by. Hopefully I'm not one of the owners who makes it more than just an isolated incident.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Passport EXL
30 Posts
It is what it is. I actually really like my passport. I’m currently typing this after a 3000 mile road trip to Colorado. The passport was super quiet, super comfortable, and got decent gas mileage for a mid size vehicle. I have no faith in the radio, however. I’m seriously considering trading it for a 22 or 23 when they come out.
So far so good on the 22. 6 1/2 months.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Looks like this problem has finally hit my vehicle. No audio - get a warning message that the audio is unavailble at this time. try to use the phone through the car - kept hitting the button, "Use Vehicle" to no avail....Printed TSB 20-058 as posted on this site and will take it to the dealer. I have the extended warranty on my vehicle as I am just past the 36,000 miles at this point.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Looks like this problem has finally hit my vehicle. No audio - get a warning message that the audio is unavailble at this time. try to use the phone through the car - kept hitting the button, "Use Vehicle" to no avail....Printed TSB 20-058 as posted on this site and will take it to the dealer. I have the extended warranty on my vehicle as I am just past the 36,000 miles at this point.
Honda warranty for the audio unit problem is 5 years/60,000 miles.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Honda warranty for the audio unit problem is 5 years/60,000 miles.
Thank you for the information! So when I went out later to drive the car, the audio worked fine. I am thinking I am still going to take the car in to have the fix installed versus getting down the road and having the problem. It really was annoying on not being able to use my phone through the car or listen to any music.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thank you for the information! So when I went out later to drive the car, the audio worked fine. I am thinking I am still going to take the car in to have the fix installed versus getting down the road and having the problem. It really was annoying on not being able to use my phone through the car or listen to any music.
Good luck, I had TSB 20-058 performed for the second time back in April 2021 and now over one year later radio is acting up again. The other day I got the audio unavailable at this time (which I never got before) and now cracking sounds and radio skipping like an old vinyl record.

·
Registered
129 Posts
A video was posted on YouTube Yesterday June 28, 2022 LINK

At 04:00 you get to see the new "MOST" connectors per TSB and earlier in the video you see where the cable are under tension.
This is on the driver's side, behind the 2nd row of seats. As a reference, you can see the steel protection for the gas-filler-tube.
It's on the passenger side as you can see the rear passenger door in front of him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After the MOST cable recall, the snapping sound came back about 6 months ago. The Honda dealer added some plastic stiffeners to the MOST cables, but as expected that didn't solve the problem. They've reached out to Honda Tech Support and other owners are still having problems after the MOST recall. Apparently Honda hasn't found the source or a solution to fix the problem, therefore we've been very patiently waiting for a few months now already.

In the past couple of months, a LOUD CRACKING (think of it terms of maximum audio volume) has been occuring. It's so loud and sudden that it's not only surprising, it's almost frightening. It sounds like static noise between TV or radio channels, it lasts about 1/2 second. If the radio is playing when it happens, the radio shuts off (audio and display) for about 1 second.

I've tried the suggested work-around to activate the automatic door lock one or more times but that hasn't helped.

It's now got to the point where we recorded three instances in the space of a minute or so. I'm definitely going to share that with the Service Manager at Honda. I had already sent him one sample but now three in one minute should give him an idea of how unbearable this has become.

Anyone else with this problem? Has anyone received a fix to this problem from Honda? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Marc

2019 Passport Touring with ~50KM

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
604 Posts
Honda now has a fix for "No Audio Connection" on the 2019-2020 Passport, TSB A22-027. Not related to the MOST problem.
On my 5th trip to the dealership for the No Audio Connection, they replaced the head unit and the amplifier. Have not a problem since and it's been over a year now.

Reactions: stevenD
1161 - 1180 of 1210 Posts