Honda Passport Forum banner
1081 - 1100 of 1103 Posts

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
586 Posts
Good Morning,

I have a sporadic popping sound that comes often from my speakers in my recently purchased 2020 Passport EX-L. It happens randomly whenever using the internet radio, podcast, XM, etc. This is very annoying and not acceptable. If anyone else has experienced this problem, have you had your Honda dealer rectify and that completely resolve this problem of popping sounds coming from the speakers? If so, were several attempts needed by the dealer to get it right? Was the dealer already aware of this problem and what solution is needed get it fixed. Thank you for letting me if you have a success story on getting it repaired and it not a lingering problem. I'm leaning toward selling this vehicle, unless encouraged by other Passport owners who had this problem and was resolved.

Safe travels to all.

icelandfan
Frank, read my post #1,052 of this thread. Was it aggravating...yes. Was it finally fixed by the dealer...yes. Am I glad I kept my Passport....YES. Please feel free to share this with your dealer, it could help expedite a fix for you. Best of luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Apparently, Honda released an OTA update Dec 2021 for Passports. Can anyone confirm that they are no longer getting the issue where the display doesn't turn off usually preceded by a loud beep?

SOFTWARE VERSION B.1.3.4

NOTE: For Navigation equipped trims, after updating to software version B.1.3.4, the Home Address, Saved, and Recent
destinations will be erased.

This software contains the following updates:
Bug Fixes
• MOTO g6 phone causes system to freeze when receiving an incoming call and the Touch Screen does not
respond.
• Rear Camera response time is slow after shifting into Reverse during system boot up.
• Rear Camera does not display when shifting into Reverse.
System does not shut down when the ignition is turned OFF and is accompanied by a pop sound and a Radio
Unavailable message.
• System does not boot up and the display is stuck on the Honda logo.
• Display screen image is frozen and the Touch Screen does not respond.
• Call information is missing on meter and top bar of the display when using an iPhone with iOS13.
• Rear Camera split screen view is displayed when setting is set to full screen view.
• Clock flickers in the top right corner of the Rear Camera display screen over the parking sensor image.
• Unfortunately, Sirius XM has stopped message shows during an in-vehicle network interruption.
• Incorrect distance to Point of Interest (POI) is displayed when using the voice recognition search method when
there is no GPS signal reception.
• Boot up animation does not show during system start up.
• Disclaimer screen appears before the Anti-theft screen after the battery is disconnected and reconnected.
• Factory Data Reset does not reset Rear Camera settings.
• Display and Rear Camera stay off during a quick ignition cycle.
Page 3 of 4
Improvements
• Parking guidelines will show when in split screen mode.
• Implemented LaneWatch camera system error message when a failure is detected.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If anyone with a 2022 Garmin equiped PP has successfully updated their Garmin nav maps through Garmin Express for PC, please chime in. I was told by Garmin reps after troubleshooting I'd need a new infotainment system for my 1 month old PP due to a Honda systems issue. I haven't turned this over to Honda technicians yet and would love to hear from someone with a 2022 who has tried an update first to compare notes. Many thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Started having problems with my radio not being found, shutting down randomly and popping and idlestop not working.
Dealer replaced the harness. No fix. Really not getting a good feeling about this. Car has 33K so warranty in about to end.
Now they ordered an amplifier....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Started having problems with my radio not being found, shutting down randomly and popping and idlestop not working.
Dealer replaced the harness. No fix. Really not getting a good feeling about this. Car has 33K so warranty in about to end.
Provide this to the dealer if they haven't mentioned the TSB before. Otherwise find a different dealer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
They did the wiring harness. Didn't fix. FYI we are driving a loaner 2022 pilot and the idle stop isn't working on it just like my 2019 passport. They have no clue how to fix this and they continue to sell the problem system today.

·
Registered
447 Posts
They did the wiring harness. Didn't fix. FYI we are driving a loaner 2022 pilot and the idle stop isn't working on it just like my 2019 passport. They have no clue how to fix this and they continue to sell the problem system today.
Idle Stop is not related to the audio system, both systems do separate and distinct functions.
Idle Stop might also not be working for you because your driving conditions do not meet the criteria required to trigger it. Please read the Owner's Manual for additional insight.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Idle Stop is not related to the audio system, both systems do separate and distinct functions.
Idle Stop might also not be working for you because your driving conditions do not meet the criteria required to trigger it. Please read the Owner's Manual for additional insight.
Well my dealer seems to think that they are. They are clueless.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The popping and crackling warranty was extended to 5y/60k miles because of all the known problems

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks, good to know.
Just FYI, here is a link to a thread on the warranty extension.

·
Registered
7 Posts
About to schedule my 5th try to get the infotainment system fixed. (second dealership) Still popping and crackling. Tried to submit problem to Honda corporate, but never even heard back from them. Faith in Honda destroyed. 25 years of Honda loyalty down the drain.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,550 Posts
About to schedule my 5th try to get the infotainment system fixed. (second dealership) Still popping and crackling. Tried to submit problem to Honda corporate, but never even heard back from them. Faith in Honda destroyed. 25 years of Honda loyalty down the drain.
All five times at the same dealer?

I waited to get mine fixed, until the Tech at my local place had done a bunch of them, I did not want to be his first go at it. Mine came out flawless the first time, I suspect he took his time, did everything right and used LOTS of tie wraps to ensure everything stayed in place - any wiggle or movement, when you hit bumps is BAD...!

Good Luck

Please keep us updated, but you may not want to base all your faith in Honda, by having ONE bad technician...

·
Registered
21 Passport Touring AWD
3 Posts
Provide this to the dealer if they haven't mentioned the TSB before. Otherwise find a different dealer.
wow I wish I had this just got my 2nd oil change. I mentioned the issues and he said nope all is good. I even mentioned how the settlement honda made with car owners last year. But he again said my 21 passport touring isn’t included in that. So does that mean the settlement will be revised to include our cars?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve had my Passport for just under 2 weeks. 2 days ago I noticed a popping noise coming from the windshield but it was raining so I thought maybe it was just large droplets. It’s pretty lous and it honestly sounds like the pop you get when a rock hits the windshield, just a lot more often. I’ve disconnected my phone and turned off the audio and it helps a bit. Doesn’t seem to happen while parked. Any ideas or advice?
I’ve had my Passport for just under 2 weeks. 2 days ago I noticed a popping noise coming from the windshield but it was raining so I thought maybe it was just large droplets. It’s pretty lous and it honestly sounds like the pop you get when a rock hits the windshield, just a lot more often. I’ve disconnected my phone and turned off the audio and it helps a bit. Doesn’t seem to happen while parked. Any ideas or advice?
I have the same issue and it is very irritating. 2020 Elite

·
Registered
18 Posts
Update on my Infotainment issues. Latest visit to the dealer was for 2 weeks.We were given a loaner Pilot. Replaced the wiring harness. I had them open the boxes with the harness. it s a lot of wires and connectors. Got the call to pick it up and upon inspection found 3 spots on the passenger side doors where it looked like the paint was rubbed off down to the metal. I can only guess the doors rubbed against something while the harness was installed. Service manager sent it to the body shop for repairs. This whole process has been terrible. Partially because of the service departments attitude about the issue. I will not purchase another Honda vehicle. Shottenkirk Honda Huntsville, AL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well my dealer seems to think that they are. They are clueless.
They are related to the extent that when the Auto Stop engages on my 2019 PP on a hot day (over 85F), I get the dreaded "No Audio Connection". Also, if I'm on a long trip in hot weather, I get the NAC crap without the Auto Stop engaging. The only not-too-bad aspect of this is that I get audio back if I shut off the engine for about 5 minutes or pull & reinsert the fuse for the radio.Somewhere earlier in this forum, I saw a link to the Pilot forum page about losing audio in hot weather when the Auto Stop engages. One poster found out how to get in to the diagnostic screen (home, brightness, power at the same time) and it showed an error on the amplifier. He didn't say if he ever got the amplifier replaced or not. Anyway, after having the Infotainment ctr on my PP replaced last fall (after the new connector thing didn't fix my problem), I got the NAC a couple of weeks ago when the outside temp was 90. I took pics of the Diag screen & sent them to the Svc Mgr at my local dealer. Waiting to see what they decide to do.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Update on my Infotainment issues. Latest visit to the dealer was for 2 weeks.We were given a loaner Pilot. Replaced the wiring harness. I had them open the boxes with the harness. it s a lot of wires and connectors. Got the call to pick it up and upon inspection found 3 spots on the passenger side doors where it looked like the paint was rubbed off down to the metal. I can only guess the doors rubbed against something while the harness was installed. Service manager sent it to the body shop for repairs. This whole process has been terrible. Partially because of the service departments attitude about the issue. I will not purchase another Honda vehicle. Shottenkirk Honda Huntsville, AL
I guess poor dealer service in Alabama goes hand in hand with poor assembly line work at the Honda plant in Alabama where Honda assembles the Passport.

1081 - 1100 of 1103 Posts