Honda Passport Forum banner
1061 - 1065 of 1065 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here. The audio on my 2021 Passport just cuts out intermittently, sometimes in rapid succession for a brief second each time. While not nearly as serious of an issue as others have described, this “bug” makes listening to music very annoying. My concern is that none of the Honda Service Bulletins refer to 2021 Passports as having infotainment issues, even though it’s obvious that there are other 2021 Passport owners having issues.

I’m hesitant bring my vehicle in and have them start poking around with the system out of a major fear that a “skipping” radio will turn into something much worse. I also don’t believe that I should have to live with a defective audio system on a vehicle for which I paid so much money.

Wondering if anyone else has this minor, but yet very annoying, issue?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a 2021, and they noted the same TSB on it as those mentioned earlier. I received no hesitancy to perform the required action once they verified there was a problem. Mine specifically was shutting down, not cutting out. So long as they can verify it, it shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: Person

·
Registered
59 Posts
Update: So I noticed this time the cracking and popping was only happening when the stereo was on. I took it in yesterday and they were able to replicate the problem. They are ordering me a new head unit. He said it could take 3 weeks or 3 months because of how hard it is to get parts. No big deal since it’s only happening about once a week now. Just glad they were able to replicate it and hopefully fix it for good this time

·
Registered
Fact? Fiction? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
474 Posts
New member here. The audio on my 2021 Passport just cuts out intermittently, sometimes in rapid succession for a brief second each time. While not nearly as serious of an issue as others have described, this “bug” makes listening to music very annoying. My concern is that none of the Honda Service Bulletins refer to 2021 Passports as having infotainment issues, even though it’s obvious that there are other 2021 Passport owners having issues.

I’m hesitant bring my vehicle in and have them start poking around with the system out of a major fear that a “skipping” radio will turn into something much worse. I also don’t believe that I should have to live with a defective audio system on a vehicle for which I paid so much money.

Wondering if anyone else has this minor, but yet very annoying, issue?
TSB updated to include ALL 2021 Passports

·
Registered
5 Posts
For those of you with 2021 Passports having the audio issues, I'm curious to know what the build dates on your cars are. The build date of my new EX-L is 9/21. My hope is that with such a late 2021 build date that the plant is now using the updated parts and I'll never experience the issues that so many of you have. The ongoing audio issues is honestly what kept me from buying one sooner.

1061 - 1065 of 1065 Posts