Honda Passport Forum banner

861 - 880 of 890 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Weird I thought I was replying to a post that had questions about DFW dealers and any issues with the car. Now I can’t find the thread

·
Registered
33 Posts
FYI - to everyone saying Honda has released the fix. I just had mine in the shop this AM for this new fix and I didn't even make it home before it all crapped out again. No radio/navigation/center display. Turning the car off and waiting 5 minutes and everything started up again. As I pulled into my driveway it all died again and the only way to get it up and running again was to pull the fuze. Does anyone have any experience filing a lawsuit or a lemon law complaint? I've been in the shop six times for this issue, and I'm just tired of it - and it doesn't seem like Honda has the ability to actually fix this.
Did they do both the recall and TSB 20-058? Not sure about the Lemmon law. In TX there is a list of things you have to prove, one of them being that its dangerous to drive the car or could significantly drop the value of the car. In your case you may have a case. My problem has been the sporadic crackling of the speakers, which of course never happens when I bring it in. In my case, I think I am screwed if it starts back again. I will probably just take the loss and trade it in on another brand. I really hope it doesn't come to that because I really like everything else about my PP. But like you, I am tired of dealing with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi everyone. looks like the united states and canada have a HUGE recall now for the infotainment issues we are ALL having ! yes ALL of us are.
here are the news links for america and canada (copy and paste the links:

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi everyone. looks like the united states and canada have a HUGE recall now for the infotainment issues we are ALL having ! yes ALL of us are.
here are the news links for america and canada (copy and paste the links:

None of these 4 recalls have anything to do with the Infotainment issues we are having

·
Registered
1 Posts
My car is in the shop for the 5th time. I first visited the Honda dealer that I purchased the vehicle from and they said I need to visit the dealership where it's being services to handle a lemon claim. I called Honda America's customer service number and started a buy-back claim. Not the best time to be doing this since hardly anyone is working. It was communicated that it might be delayed.

The service rep called and wanted me to exchange vehicles since my vehicle now constantly displays ‘Low Battery, Switch Off All Lights and Electronics’ now. I asked if it was necessary to have my car in since I'm going to do a lemon claim and he said yes, he doesn't want me to break down. The car is also making popping sounds that sound similar to rocks hitting the windshield. It also keeps displaying the “Network Communication Lost” and the display blacks out for extended periods of time.
My car is in for the 5th time too. This is too much.
I get this, it can be from 1 day to 60+ days between.
Stop, remove fuse for Radio (#19 I think).
Replace, go on with life - until they fix this darned bug!
I'm in for number 5 attempt to fix right now. I hope they figured it out!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Capturing it on video is great! I did that too plus that photo of the screen when it died. Good luck when you bring it in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, it might be too early to tell since most of the crackling starts around 3k miles, but there are ZERO accounts of this issue for 2020 models in our Poll...!
I joined this forum I was researching this issue online. I have a 2020 PP with 2300 miles on it and I just had the static/cracklng/popping occur. I have a call into the dealer. Oddly enough, when I connected my phone to the car via Bluetooth, the issue seemed to go away.

·
Registered
White Diamond Pearl ****2019 Touring****
239 Posts
Finally obtained and posted the complete Honda Service News (TSB) 20-058 in the Please Post Honda Service Bulletins Here thread.
It is 23 pages long, though the last few pages are Pilot specific.
Lists all the part numbers and procedure required, and HOPEFULLY this will significantly reduce, or eliminate, the Display Audio problems some Passport owners have been suffering with. ✌

[EDIT] - Step 24. Test-drive the vehicle to confirm the repair.
If you have Honda CD player installed, confirm with Service Advisor that the tech that takes your Passport for a joyride and a detour to In-N-Out Burger ALSO takes time to verify your CD player still works. If it doesn't, likely your CD player needs to be re-initialized (refer techs to posts in this forum if they don't know how to do that) 😆

Reactions: Passportwrx

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
Finally obtained and posted the complete Honda Service News (TSB) 20-058.... If you have Honda CD player installed, confirm with Service Advisor that the tech that takes your Passport for a joyride and a detour to In-N-Out Burger ALSO takes time to verify your CD player still works. If it doesn't, likely your CD player needs to be re-initialized (refer techs to posts in this forum if they don't know how to do that) 😆
This is great news as not only do I have the CD player, there is a In-N-Out right down the street from the dealership!

·
Registered
2019 Elite Black Forest
42 Posts
Finally obtained and posted the complete Honda Service News (TSB) 20-058 in the Please Post Honda Service Bulletins Here thread.
It is 23 pages long, though the last few pages are Pilot specific.
Lists all the part numbers and procedure required, and HOPEFULLY this will significantly reduce, or eliminate, the Display Audio problems some Passport owners have been suffering with. ✌

[EDIT] - Step 24. Test-drive the vehicle to confirm the repair.
If you have Honda CD player installed, confirm with Service Advisor that the tech that takes your Passport for a joyride and a detour to In-N-Out Burger ALSO takes time to verify your CD player still works. If it doesn't, likely your CD player needs to be re-initialized (refer techs to posts in this forum if they don't know how to do that) 😆
Thanks for posting these and keeping us informed!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I originally reported this issue under auto engine idle stop issues. Reporting here here now under infotainment:

I’m wondering if anyone else has had the following issue along with whether or not you had it successfully addressed and how. This has occurred at least twice after driving the PP (Touring FWD 2019) for at least 2 hours. When the engine re-starts while at a stop (auto engine idle stop is on), the infotainment unit goes dead. I pulled over at least twice turned off the engine, disconnect smartphone from unit, restarted the car, etc. to no avail. The only thing that seems to have fixed it is to park the car and after seating overnight the next morning the infotainment unit works again. Honda couldn’t replicate problem so they can’t fix it. Thank you for your input in advance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got my 2019 Passport back after the recall update. Unsuccessful!!!!!! My error messages and blacking out of the screens is worse than before. I have a message into the dealer but I assume they will be unable to help. So discouraging......

·
Registered
312 Posts
I originally reported this issue under auto engine idle stop issues. Reporting here here now under infotainment:

I’m wondering if anyone else has had the following issue along with whether or not you had it successfully addressed and how. This has occurred at least twice after driving the PP (Touring FWD 2019) for at least 2 hours. When the engine re-starts while at a stop (auto engine idle stop is on), the infotainment unit goes dead. I pulled over at least twice turned off the engine, disconnect smartphone from unit, restarted the car, etc. to no avail. The only thing that seems to have fixed it is to park the car and after seating overnight the next morning the infotainment unit works again. Honda couldn’t replicate problem so they can’t fix it. Thank you for your input in advance.
Make sure you open the driver’s door after turning it off before you restart. The unit keeps functioning till the door is opened.

Edit: well, not functioning but power isn’t cut till the door is opened

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased my 2020 Passport Touring as a hail damaged project to PDR on July 31st. I got a screaming deal on it. Drove it back from Colombia MO to OKC last month and within 3 hrs and < 700 miles odom the audio issues popped up. I had read up on these possible issues and thankfully it appears to go away if I completely shut the vehicle down for 2 minutes then start it back up. Definitely manifests itself if I encounter speed humps and rr tracks. Listening in XM, FM, CD, the cracking and loss of network signal ultimately results in a crash of the infotainment system. No iphone apps are used – it all smacks of loose cabling? I’ll see how bad it gets over Sept-Oct and report when I have 20-058 work completed.

This forum is invaluable – thanks for having me.

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
I get the snap, crackle and popping every other day or so, very mildly, and EVERY time, a swift slap on the dash (above the infotainment center) fixes it immediately.

Yes, I'll bring it soon, but (for me) it's a fast and easy remedy..

Anyone else have success with the old slap-on-the-dash trick?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I hope it is the Waze app causing this issue.
[/QUOTE
Waze has been problematic with Honda Infotainment systems across all models. There are other problems as well but many have reported that not using Waze fixed their problems.

Reactions: stevenD

·
Registered
33 Posts
I get the snap, crackle and popping every other day or so, very mildly, and EVERY time, a swift slap on the dash (above the infotainment center) fixes it immediately.

Yes, I'll bring it soon, but (for me) it's a fast and easy remedy..

Anyone else have success with the old slap-on-the-dash trick?
yeah that worked for me as well but it got so frequent that I was hitting the dashboard at least once a day.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Same issue here - 2019 Elite with about 19,000 miles. It’s happened several times now and restarting the car doesn’t help. Parking it for a while seems to bring it back, but it’s so frustrating. I see the TSB posted above seems to address this, so we will take it to the dealer and see if they will address it along with the recall.

I also have a 2018 Clarity PHEV (and had a 2017 Clarity BEV before that) and the infotainment is trash in those as well. So many bugs. i love Honda’s, and have owned several in my life, but the Passport is the first one that I’m genuinely nervous about keeping. We love this car, but it’s had quite a few dealer visits in its first year with us.

·
Registered
White Diamond Pearl ****2019 Touring****
239 Posts
I just got my 2019 Passport back after the recall update. Unsuccessful!!!!!! My error messages and blacking out of the screens is worse than before. I have a message into the dealer but I assume they will be unable to help. So discouraging......
Possible the tech actually damaged your gauge's circuit board when completing the recall.
Under this Access Cover is a circuit board that is easily damaged by careless tech:

[Edit] - Add Service Bulletin attachment
There is a new Honda Service Bulletin regarding this . . . it may have been a result of the technician simply making a mistake, or in too much of a hurry, or incompetence. Whatever it is, dealership management has a training opportunity here.

Attachments

861 - 880 of 890 Posts