Honda Passport Forum banner

801 - 820 of 822 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Great news, sounds like the latest software update available FINALLY fixes the pop and music disabled bug! I don't see it but once a month or less and am not driving much lately but I sure hope they fixed it so no more pulling the fuse! More info here:

This is one of the items listed:
  • System does not shut down when the ignition is turned OFF and is accompanied by a pop sound and a Radio Unavailable message.
Try your system update, I will this evening!

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is the infotainment issue. It will get worse over time. Not worth getting it fixed just yet. Wait till a tested fix comes out. Follow the other threads to find out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just received an alert today from carfax saying Honda now has a recall on the passport for the infotainment system. Check with your dealers to drop off your passports.

·
Super Moderator
2,098 Posts
I just received an alert today from carfax saying Honda now has a recall on the passport for the infotainment system. Check with your dealers to drop off your passports.
Thanks for the update and welcom to the site. are you a PP owner?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the update and welcom to the site. are you a PP owner?
Thanks for the welcome, I am. I just purchased one a week ago and 5 days in a row the audio stopped working of course. I dropped off my car today for the recall and will pick it up tomorrow. Fingers crossed it will be fixed. The parts manager said they got in a computer to hook up and run diagnostics that would tell them which wires to re-sauder and where. No new parts from what he told me. Plus there was a system update to do but I tried that and it didnt work.

·
Super Moderator
2,098 Posts
Not a fun way to start, but I recall only one other update over the last year and a half, keep us updated on your issues and feel free to join in where you need to...!
Steve

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the same issue, happens to me constantly. I took it to the dealer, and they just threw their arms up and said wait for an update. I have had to drive for hours in multiple trips in complete silence. It sucks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have this happen to me constantly. It always happens to ,e when I am using CarPlay a and receive a call. It appears to me to be related to car play receiving simultaneous notifications and such and locking up the channel.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Honda tracks their issues.
Is there a TSB or a Recall number (see post 796 above)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I even tried logging back into carfax that sent me the notification and could not find the original alert regarding it either. And of course my repair receipt just mentions the TSB update with no useful info.

To update my audio problem. They tried rewiring the MOST wire for their second attempt at fixing it. Have not tested it over bumpy roads yet though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
2020 Touring AWD here. Not seeing any recall notice on the Owners site. Any other similar make/model owners seeing otherwise?
"RECALL - 2018-21 Multimodel Gauge Control Module SW Update" for our 2019 Touring AWD appeared today in the HondaLink app describing the above problems. The NHTSA Recall No. is 20V-439 and Honda's Campaign ID is T89.

"Your dealer will reprogram the instrument panel control module for free" so it sounds like an "easy" fix. Probably N/A for 2020 models?

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
313 Posts
I checked owners.honda.com, and the recall applies to my 2019 as well. I've never had the problem, but I guess I had better get myself down to the dealer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well I brought my PP in for the 3rd time to try and fix the popping/crackling sound using this service article back in July. 1 month and 800 miles later and it started back again. If I hit the dashboard right above the stereo it quits for awhile. I am really disappointed because I love everything else about this vehicle. All 3 times when I have brought it in it never does it, even when they have kept it for a couple of days. Not sure what else to do except maybe wait until it gets so bad and (hope) it will do it when I bring it in next time.

I have started to look at other vehicles but it really is hard to beat the value of the PP. I got my EX-L FWD for $31,500+TTL and $900 in accessories last Oct

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
I checked owners.honda.com, and the recall applies to my 2019 as well. I've never had the problem, but I guess I had better get myself down to the dealer.
I've never seen the problem so will have it taken care of at the next oil change.

801 - 820 of 822 Posts