Honda Passport Forum banner

781 - 800 of 822 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
The first and foremost, you need to check out your connection to the USB port in front of the console with the cable. It said that most of issues happened in the infotainment system are relevant with the uncertified or unqualified USB cables. Any poor contact with the USB port may cause the issue on the infotainment system when you are driving. For example, you moved your cell phone putting on the console a little bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Already had to disconnect the radio/USB fuse and reconnect it to fix the infotainment system on our 2020 Passport Ex-l with 120 miles. Awesome.... can't wait to see what's next.

·
Super Moderator
2,098 Posts
Please repost these issues in the "Infotaintment System Caput" thread

·
Super Moderator
2,098 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,098 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to say I have 2020 passport and have the same problem which started after @1000 miles sporadically I will give them necessary chances to fix then file for lemon law if they can’t find permanent fix this is ridiculous to have a brand new car with audio that does not properly work
We will see how the first attempt at “temporary fix until permanent fix is figured out by Honda goes” shame is is my 3rd Honda May be my last

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live very close by and in your service area. My initial fix included tightening connectors near the rear amp (passenger wheelwell) which seemed to fix it. Its been several weeks and only one episode of static after a long drive using the music app (skip and static) whereas previously I had static and loss of radio and reboot after a half mile or so of travel. If it gets worse, I will reach out to you for whatever help you can give. Thanks

Steve
I live in the Corpus Christi Texas area and my wife experienced issues with the infotainment system malfunction and eventually had to pull the fuse. She reinstalled but that did not solve the problem. Now I’m worried that she is going to have something else go wrong on her way back from Mississippi.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2020 elite here with the same infotainment problem. Completely disconnects and shuts down. Dealer said new part coming in a month that is being put in on the Acuras right now. Said it's better for me to wait to get it fixed otherwise the problem will just happen again.

·
Super Moderator
2,098 Posts
2020 elite here with the same infotainment problem. Completely disconnects and shuts down. Dealer said new part coming in a month that is being put in on the Acuras right now. Said it's better for me to wait to get it fixed otherwise the problem will just happen again.

Sounds like the right prescription to me...!

·
Registered
1 Posts
So our new 2019 passport had the same issue everyone here is having. I wish I would have discovered this forum prior to buying this car. We have less than 600 miles on the car and it’s happened twice to us.

i am currently sitting at the dealership. They told me they will do the factory reset on the radio but at this time there is NO Honda fix.

We have never had a problem like this with any car we have owned. This is our second Honda and we loved the first one so much we decided to get the passport. Wife liked the looks much more than the pilot.

Something has to be done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I just dropped mine off at the dealer today (2020 EX-L, had it 2 weeks but it is a demo with 3000 miles) with this. My wife had recorded it happening on her phone and the advisor looked at it and explained the issue. He said as a temporary fix they would reroute one of the connectors and reseat them, but was open that it would probably happen again in 3-5k miles. He stated a redesigned part was being released and would be installed on affected vehicles in the near future when they were available. My wife asked if we should wait and he said he wouldn't want to drive around with that noise and I agreed. It was actually a positive experience because he told me basically what I had been reading and didn't do the old "never heard of that" dance. Contrasted with the Hyundai Santa Fe we traded in with failing main bearings that sounded like a gorilla with a crowbar in the oil pan that everyone on the internet seems to know about in the Theta series motors. This included Hyundai Corporate, which issued a recall to modify the knock sensor to detect said failed bearings in order to notify the driver that they need a new engine. Yet every dealership seemed blissfully unaware of when told and was under the impression 3 quarts of oil out the tailpipe between oil changes is normal consumption. I am somehow impressed and happy with my 2 week old car needing to visit the shop after that crapshow lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the temporary fix last week as I cannot /do not want to drive my vehicle without listening to music, so far so good but know can come back. Not acceptable if they do not find permanent fix soon!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Found this today and thought I should share. A Fix from Honda. "The communication lines behind the audio unit and or the gauge cluster get tension on them due to assembly routing. The fix, I shit you not, is to reroute and hope for the best".
https://www.reddit.com/r/Justrolledintotheshop/comments/hsydws Note: I do not have this issue, just adding some insight to those dealing with dealers that can't correct the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my Honda passport this month and 9 days in this issue happened to me. I went to the dealer and they kept it overnight and when I returned they said they redid the wiring so that they weren’t crossed anymore and “hopefully” this won’t happen again but it is not a guarantee. And that the next time if it does, that’s when Honda will send a field technician out and get involved. Crossing fingers it doesn’t happen again but it looks like there’s still no solid fix. Just wanted to add a quick update. This is on my 2020 Passport Touring.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just got my Honda passport this month and 9 days in this issue happened to me. I went to the dealer and they kept it overnight and when I returned they said they redid the wiring so that they weren’t crossed anymore and “hopefully” this won’t happen again but it is not a guarantee. And that the next time if it does, that’s when Honda will send a field technician out and get involved. Crossing fingers it doesn’t happen again but it looks like there’s still no solid fix. Just wanted to add a quick update. This is on my 2020 Passport Touring.
Plugging in a USB keyboard and hitting Cntl-Alt-Del may save you a lot of frustration. Yeah, they should fix it, but these things tend to happen when you least have time to attend to it. I can’t believe this has been a problem since the 2019s came out and they still haven’t come up with a fix afaik.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I searched and couldn't find any post similar to this issue so apologies if it is intact a repeat topic.

Anyone else have intermittent issues with their infotainment unit? Mine won't start up from time to time and when it doesn't it will flash blue from time to time as if trying to start, even getting "snow" once in a while. I havent figured out the when and why. Part of me wonders if it's heat related with the warmer weather we've been having. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Isn't the infotainment system in the Passport the exact same one that's already in the Pilot and Odyssey (and maybe the Ridgeline too?). If so, I don't get it. Why would the Passport's system have issues that aren't there in the other cars with the exact same system???
Isn't the infotainment system in the Passport the exact same one that's already in the Pilot and Odyssey (and maybe the Ridgeline too?). If so, I don't get it. Why would the Passport's system have issues that aren't there in the other cars with the exact same system???
There is a recall on Pilot

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had my final fix for the crackling speakers. The dealership was very aware of the problem. They used to put a new harness in, but that did not actually fix the problem. The service advisor said they are now re-pinning the harness. It has definitely worked. No crackling for the past three months.

781 - 800 of 822 Posts