Honda Passport Forum banner

761 - 780 of 822 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,098 Posts
Here is a question for everyone - I will pick up my new 2020 Touring model on Friday - is there a way for me to find out of ALL the updates have been done to the car/system? If I ask the question, I will probably get the answer YES...but is there a way for me to check myself that the vehicle has the latest software updates before I drive it off the lot? Thank you very much
The fact is the majority of the Passports are problem free! So enjoy your new Touring model, I have a 2019 AWD Touring and absolutely love it!

One huge problem is "people" and their perceptions, people with a problem with their Passport come here and leave posts about that peoblem, they are not here to participate in the Forums, only to vent and I assure you Honda does not own, operate or even read posts here.

These people can be spotted by looking at their Post-Counts, people who come here only to complain can easily be spotted when their 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th posts are complaints. I'm not saying their problems are not real but, by these people only coming here to complain, it gives the impression that ALL passports are flawed and this is simply NOT the case.

So again, welcomd, enjoy your PP and stop back by to participate!

·
Registered
57 Posts
StevenD - thanks for the reply - I have found lots of great information on the forums already. Had a deer decided not to cross the road and totaled my 2012 RAV4 Limited, I would not be here. The Passport is the closest vehicle I could find that was like my RAV4, which I absolutely loved. I am in for the long haul with owning vehicles and hopefully, this will be the last vehicle I own.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
72 Posts
StevenD - thanks for the reply - I have found lots of great information on the forums already. Had a deer decided not to cross the road and totaled my 2012 RAV4 Limited, I would not be here. The Passport is the closest vehicle I could find that was like my RAV4, which I absolutely loved. I am in for the long haul with owning vehicles and hopefully, this will be the last vehicle I own.

Greetings, why if you so loved the Rav4 are you changing brands and going with a Honda PP?

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
822 Posts
The fact is the majority of the Passports are problem free! So enjoy your new Touring model, I have a 2019 AWD Touring and absolutely love it!

One huge problem is "people" and their perceptions, people with a problem with their Passport come here and leave posts about that peoblem, they are not here to participate in the Forums, only to vent and I assure you Honda does not own, operate or even read posts here.

These people can be spotted by looking at their Post-Counts, people who come here only to complain can easily be spotted when their 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th posts are complaints. I'm not saying their problems are not real but, by these people only coming here to complain, it gives the impression that ALL passports are flawed and this is simply NOT the case.

So again, welcomd, enjoy your PP and stop back by to participate!
Steve, don’t you have a problem with your infotainment system too?

·
Super Moderator
2,098 Posts
I hear ya, we had a 4Runner for 17 years (217,000 miles), a Venza for 5 years and my wife's Lexus RX350 for over 5 years and trust Toyota very much, and I had the redesigned RAV4 at the top of my list! Unfortunately the new RAV4 is a HUGE disappointment, from the excessive engine from its whimpy engine, to the other cheap features and numerous problems (I was on two RAV4 Forums) and completely OVER-PRICED, (an ADVENTURE Model costs as much as a PP Touring!) ... and don't even get me started on the current 4Runner! (lol) Toyota lost me to Honda and I'm extremely happy..

·
Super Moderator
2,098 Posts
Steve, don’t you have a problem with your infotainment system too?
yeah, but it is so intermitant (once a month?) and afterI do a nice tap to the top of the dash, it restarts, so it is not at a point where I want to take it in and leave it for 4 days and have them put 300 miles on it trying to recreate the issue. I'll revisit it at some point while still under warranty though...

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
yeah, but it is so intermitant (once a month?) and afterI do a nice tap to the top of the dash, it restarts, so it is not at a point where I want to take it in and leave it for 4 days and have them put 300 miles on it trying to recreate the issue. I'll revisit it at some point while still under warranty though...
Give it the old Fonzi fist thump! 😀

·
Registered
57 Posts
Because his old Rav4 was a V6, and they no longer come in a V6.
Thanks Beachbum07 - If the RAV4 still came in a 6 cylinder AND kept the tire on the back, I would have purchased another RAV4. It was so nice to have a full size spare when I got a flat tire not to long ago. Change the tire, put the flat tire right where I took the full size spare off, put the cover back on, and onward with life. Deal with flat tire another day. Closest thing to my 2012 RAV4 was the Passport. I already own a Honda Odyssey and a Honda Civic (2011)...so this will add another Honda into the family. Thanks for asking Chefferman65

·
Registered
57 Posts
My check came from the insurance company so Friday will be pick up the Passport at the dealer. Already ordered the Weathertech floor liners for it. They arrive on Wednesday. Will stop into College Hills Honda in OH to pick up the crossbars and splash guards. Headed westbound for a trip and College Hills Honda is right on the way. Saves me shipping costs. Trailer Hitch was installed by the vendor. Decided to let them do the work. NOW my big decision is to ceramic coat the vehicle or go the transitional waxing, etc.... I know it will cost some bucks to have ceramic coating applied by the detailer...so I have been researching ceramic coatings, etc.... the joys of car ownership...

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
My check came from the insurance company so Friday will be pick up the Passport at the dealer. Already ordered the Weathertech floor liners for it. They arrive on Wednesday. Will stop into College Hills Honda in OH to pick up the crossbars and splash guards. Headed westbound for a trip and College Hills Honda is right on the way. Saves me shipping costs. Trailer Hitch was installed by the vendor. Decided to let them do the work. NOW my big decision is to ceramic coat the vehicle or go the transitional waxing, etc.... I know it will cost some bucks to have ceramic coating applied by the detailer...so I have been researching ceramic coatings, etc.... the joys of car ownership...
Watch a number of videos on YouTube about applying ceramic coatings. The biggest issue is doing the prep work correctly and completely. Otherwise, you’re sealing in the imperfections, spots, etc. I opted to let the detailer do it, but if you’re good at prep work, and have the right conditions, do it as soon as you can after getting the new PP. If you want the detailer to do it, same thing, do it as soon as possible. If you’re good at wax on, wax off, go that route. Everyone’s situation is different. I can tell you that the ceramic coating makes it a breeze to wash. Even a nice rainfall will clean the PP for you.

It’s going to be a long 4 days! Read up on the main features before taking a long drive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 Passport Touring and bought about 4 months ago. Started seeing the issue a few weeks into ownership. I have Sirius XM and Amazon music. I'd switch between the two when listening to music. At first, I thought it was the Bluetooth connection and Amazon music as it was "streaming" music. But then I started noticing the issue with the radio as well. It is very sporadic and hard to "recreate" it. Turning off music/radio, it still "clips/pops" through the speakers. Does anyone know if it leads to any more serious issues if not addressed? Right now, it is a slight annoyance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, just happened to come across this forum and saw that other people were having this problem I had as well.

What fixed mine from that popping / skipping noise was having my dealership re-set the wiring system and re-put it back together. It completely fixed my problem and I have not heard any popping noises since, what caused it to happen was when the vehicle hits bumps / potholes in the holes. I had the same issue where we couldn't re-create the noise while he was in the vehicle because guess what, they couldn't hear the problem either when I took it to them. & then when we test drove it and started to hit little bumps in the road, it started making that pop corn noise

My vehicle has been good since (6 months now since I've had the Passport 2019) then and it really doesn't make that noise at all, I will say I have heard it a little bit recently when driving up to Secacus NJ crossing over the bridge hitting bump after bump. But its no where near as bad as the beginning and its only a subtle noise nothing to troubling for me (I am still covered under warranty if anything happens again).

Hopefully this can help solve some problems everyone else is having.

Edit: I have the Touring Passport 2019 & The dealership had my car in the shop for (2 days + they had to test drive it for 100 miles this was discussed with the financing department so its not a problem with my contract)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Honda is finding out a variety of things regarding the crackling (which sounds exactly as described in comments above).

Some are REALLY bad and do it all the time no matter what you do. Some do it when the infotainment system is under load, some are worse in colder weather, and some are so intermittent and minor that a lot of owners don't even realize it's happening.

I have seen infotainment units replaced, dash harnesses replaced, amplifiers, rear tuners, rear wiring harnesses, FAKRA connectors, etc. etc... I will know more after the Honda field tech comes out on Thursday to look at 2 customer vehicles, and then my own 19 Touring. I'll keep ya'll posted! 😁
Wanted to follow up and see how this turned out for you. Mine is going back in soon for the second time, but this time a Honda tech will be there as well. I filed a case with Honda today, and they were very responsI’ve in getting things lined up for the field tech to see the car. My only worry is if they are unable to replicate it when the tech is there. It was pretty regular when I took it in the first time, but it’s not as frequent now. I do have video and pictures showing the infotainment having a connection error. However, I’ve also seen older posts where Honda isn’t accepting them. Wondering if they have changed their rules on videos and photos now that this is happening to so many people?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wanted to follow up and see how this turned out for you. Mine is going back in soon for the second time, but this time a Honda tech will be there as well. I filed a case with Honda today, and they were very responsI’ve in getting things lined up for the field tech to see the car. My only worry is if they are unable to replicate it when the tech is there. It was pretty regular when I took it in the first time, but it’s not as frequent now. I do have video and pictures showing the infotainment having a connection error. However, I’ve also seen older posts where Honda isn’t accepting them. Wondering if they have changed their rules on videos and photos now that this is happening to so many people?
I have had the same issue, and have been in several times as well. I have talked to Honda and they are well aware of the issue—in fact they think they have a fix which will require them to have a tech replace many of the fittings on the wire harness. According to them the wire harness is too short, so it will cause cracklings etc in the speakers and the issue with the rear view camera/infotainment. They also have a software update coming in about 2 weeks (keep in mind they have been saying that for a year.)

Don’t worry if they can’t replicate it. They know it’s a problem that needs to be addressed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It’s not the wiring harness. I’ve had the same problem with my 2019 Passport and have been to the dealership 4-5 times over the past year. They finally replaced the wiring harness - seemed to fix the issue for awhile, but now it’s back, exactly as you have described. Bringing back to dealership next week and dreading it. I had a lot of trouble getting them to acknowledge there was an issue until I videoed it. Dealership kept claiming they couldn’t replicate the problem.
Same. We took our first video today after they kept it for 4 days. They said they heard it and then gave us paperwork saying they couldn’t get it to replicate.

·
Banned
2 Posts
WHATSAPP+1(443)7189645BUY ABORTION PILLS IN DUBAI
BUY ABORTION PILLS IN DUBAI, PRIVATE CLINIC WHATSAPP:+1(443)7189645
We have Abortion Pills / Cytotec Tablets Available in Dubai, Sharjah, Abudhabi, Ajman, Alain, Fujeira, Ras Al Khaima, Umm Al Quwain, UAE, buy cytotec in Dubai
abortion Pills Cytotec also available Oman Qatar Doha Saudi Arabia Bahrain

Above all ,Cytotec Abortion Pills are Available In Dubai / UAE ,you will be very happy to do abortion in dubai
we are providing cytotec 200mg abortion pill in dubai,uae.Medication abortion offers an alternative to Surgical Abortion for women in the early weeks of pregnancy.

How can I get Misoprostol?
We only offer abortion pills from 1 week-6 Months.

We then advice you to use surgery if its beyond 6 months.

We also offer free sonar and pregnancy care to those who want to keep the baby.

Our clinic is operated by a qualified doctors assisted by a registered female nurses who both have several years of experience in the field of pregnancy
termination so rest assured you will be in safe hands while you order from our clinic.

We deliver abortion pills in all areas in

Oman , Muscat , Bahrain , Manama , Dubai , Abu Dhabi , Saudi Arabia , Riyadh , Kuwait , Hawalli , Qatar , Doha , Salalah , Muharraq , Dammam , Jeddah ,
Mecca , Medina , Al Farwaniyah ,Al Rayyan , Umm Said ,
Sharjah , Fujairah , Ajman , Al Ain , Umm Al Quwain , Ras Al Khaimah , Hamad , Town , Riffa ,bawshar , Soha .

WE SALE PRIVATELY AND SAVE DELIVERY TO YOUR DESTINATION.
BUY ABORTION,MISOPROSTOL,MIFEPRISTONE,CYTOTEC ABORTION PILLS IN DUABI,UAE,
WHATSAPP+1(443)7189645 BUY ABORTION PILLS IN DUBAI

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a new 2019 Honda passport a month ago. After 200 miles the radio ,navigation system
and the screen displaying the speed limit started rebooting suddenly with a loud static sound in the car that would continue for a long time. I took it to theHonda service center they said they haven’t had this issue before and will have to take the back out to test the connections. Anyone had a similar issue?

761 - 780 of 822 Posts