Honda Passport Forum banner

Aftermarket fog lights?

17K views 35 replies 7 participants last post by  EggNogg 
#1 ·
Are there any aftermarket fog light replacements for the 2019/2020 Passport yet? The OEM lights are not good at all. Looking for a bright, low and wide amber light to cut through the fog better.

#4 ·
I’ve been looking too and found the following:
Jsport has the Baja Designs fog pockets- $324.95.
Diode Dynamics SS3 LED fog lights- $200.00 and come in white or yellow
Morimoto XB LED $175.00
BD - emailed them to see If they can be used on the street and was told the SAE version should be used
DD - found these on the Pilot forum. Someone with a 2019 Pilot installed these. This set is SAE/DOT approved
Morimoto- I emailed them to see if they would fit because they’re listed fo up to 2015 Pilot and they said yes but may need to trim the plastic piece on the bracket
I’m trying to find out the lumen output on the factory fogs before spending the money.

#5 ·
Jsport has the Baja Designs fog pockets- $324.95.
Diode Dynamics SS3 LED fog lights- $200.00 and come in white or yellow
Morimoto XB LED $175.00
Thanks! These are just what I was looking for! Do you know if there are any instructions online for replacing the stock fogs lights? I like the Jsport fogs because they seem to be made specifically for the Passport fog pockets, whereas the others are just "universal". I'm just not sure what goes into installing them, and I would probably avoid it if I am required to remove the entire front bumper.

#9 ·
I just purchased the JSport Baja Designs fog pocket lights. I emailed them and they said the lights are plug-and-play, no soldering needed. They also include instructions on how to get to and remove the OEM fogs. I'll post pictures and opinions after I receive them and do the install.

#25 ·
I just received my amber LED fog lights from JSport / Baja Designs. Their installation instructions are very vague, only saying "remove bumper cover" before moving on to the actual install, so that's not much help. I'll look at the wheel well liner (I think Honda calls it a fender liner). If anyone else here has done this job yet, please post your experience and if you did it completely done through the wheel well.

#27 ·
Okay, I can say with utmost authority you CANNOT access the 2019/2020 Passport's fog lights though the wheel well. I just spent an hour pulling the fender liner all the way out, only to find that the way the fog lights are mounted, there is metal framing blocking any access through the fender. You have to pull the bumper all the way off to access the fog lights from the front. :confused:

On a side note, the turn signals are perfectly accessable through the wheel well.

#31 ·
I finally got around to looking at the fog light install.
I bought 2 sets of the Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro in yellow. One set for an 2018 Acura RDX and the 2nd for the Passport. Their website does not shows lights for the Passport but it does show for the 2019 Pilot, so I emailed them and they said that it was "plug and play" compatible.

The first set I installed on my wifes Acura RDX, this was easily accessible thru the wheel well. The first thing I noticed was the only way to adjust them is with the 2 screws on the side of the light which is not accessible once the light is installed. This meant tightening the bolts down pretty tight but not enough so they can't be tilted from the front once installed. The brackets are also held on by only two screws which leaves a little bit of play in the bracket and it can rock up and down when pressure is applied knocking them slightly out of alignment.

Next, I opened up the passenger wheel well of the Passport, and as Zesty said there is no way to access the lights.
See attached photo.
Auto part Automotive fuel system

The turn signal is easily accessible as it sits in the same location as the fog light on the Pilot, but the Passport fog lights sit inward further. The fog light is sandwiched in with a frame piece directly in front of it, the bumper bar above it, and the turn signal to the right of it. You can just barely see the white adjuster mechanism of the fog light in this photo.

I did a little research and found detailed instructions on College Hills website on how to install the fender flares which includes removing the front bumper. It includes many clips and bolts but doesn't look too difficult.
https://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/passport/2019/fenderflares.pdf
Zesty, I'm sure you just missed a few clips!!!

I'm going to drive my wifes RDX for a bit to see if the fog lights perform well enough by themselves or if I want additional lights and mount them on the JSport Safari Bumper.
Car Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Grille

I also deleted the video I posted above in post #24 since that installation method of installing thru the wheel well did not work.

#33 ·
I've seen that College Hills front bumper removal guide, but haven't tried the job again. I would love it if someone with a bit more mechanical knowledge would tackle the job and maybe record the process. It'd be the only video of the Passport bumper removal on YouTube and you'd get a lot of views! ;)

#35 ·
Thanks Zesty, that's a great video of how to remove the dumper.

I've been thinking about this over the summer...
so you remove the bumper, change out the fog lights, reinstall the bumper, but then there is no way to adjust the fog lights.

Also the two adjuster screws on these lights are really a bad design, when I did my wife's RDX I would snug the screws down just enough to be able to still adjust the light but once you moved it up and down a couple times the screws would loosen up.

#36 ·
Reviving this thread. I just installed a set of Diode Dynamic S3 foglights in Yellow and can confirm that this is not a plug and play kit for our Passports. The connector harness they provide is for H-11 foglights which my guess are for Pilots that have Halogen fogs. Going to try and do some digging and figure out a way to make this kit plug and play. Also can confirm that as previously mentioned once installed it's going to be pretty hard to adjust them. I'll take some pics of the lights installed tomorrow and upload them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.