Honda Passport Forum banner

After a few days of ownership

7K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  timmah 
#1 · (Edited)
I've owned my passport for 4 days and there is a lot to like. But since this is the complaints section, here are my complaints and/or wish list for standard features. I have the sports trim by the way. I didn't pay that close of attention to the upper level trims to see if they are standard but these are items that I felt should be on the sport trim and not affect its price point too much. Some are just out right complaints lol.

In no particular order:

The volume button on the steering wheel is too far inboard for my thumb to reach without adjusting my grip.

There is no mute or power on/off button on the steering wheel for the audio.

No vanity lights to make sure I look good.

The interior dome and map light should have been LED.

The button to turn the ACC and LKAS on and off is labeled "Main". WTH does that mean? It makes no sense.

I wish there was a grab handle on the A and B pillar to help you get in and out.

The infotainment screen is too small relative to the space it's in. There is too much dead space around it. Otherwise it is usable.

There is no 115v outlet in the trunk or at least the option to have one as an accessory.

No dome light in the trunk/cargo area. - Never mind I found it thanks to Scooter dude lol

That's all I can think of for now.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey. I am with you about the LED. Honda should have used the LED to save us the trouble of prying the cover and switch all the interior light to LED. Grab handle is great also as this is suppose to be an off road vehicle with higher ground clearance. It will really help of getting in and out of the vehicle.

Reactions: Horrse
#3 ·
I've owned my passport for 4 days and there is a lot to like. But since this is the complaints section, here are my complaints and/or wish list for standard features. I have the sports trim by the way. I didn't pay that close of attention to the upper level trims to see if they are standard but these are items that I felt should be on the sport trim and not affect its price point too much. Some are just out right complaints lol.

In no particular order:

The volume button on the steering wheel is too far inboard for my thumb to reach without adjusting my grip.

There is no mute or power on/off button on the steering wheel for the audio.

No vanity lights to make sure I look good.

The interior dome and map light should have been LED.

The button to turn the ACC and LKAS on and off is labeled "Main". WTH does that mean? It makes no sense.

I wish there was a grab handle on the A and B pillar to help you get in and out.

The infotainment screen is too small relative to the space it's in. There is too much dead space around it. Otherwise it is usable.

There is no 115v outlet in the trunk or at least the option to have one as an accessory.

No dome light in the trunk/cargo area.

That's all I can think of for now.
Below is the Trim Walk Info.

I do believe you got the most bang for your buck with getting the Sport. Great car besides the features you would like. Realize some we did not get in the Elite either.
https://www.holmeshondabossiercity.com/2019-honda-passport-trim-walk/

#5 ·
Cool insight and I agree, the inside lights should have come as led in 2019 and I changed them all out very quickly ? . There is a dome light in the trunk cargo but it comes from the factory as OFF / you may need to flick it to ON when the tailgate opens so it doesn’t stay on - I’m thinking a ‘Sport’ should have this as well... ?

#6 ·
Did you test drive it? Seems some of the complaints would have been realized prior to purchase. But I digress. I do agree 100% there should be a grab handle on the driver's side A pillar.

How you enjoy the rig nevertheless. It's not perfect but I have no regrets on the purchase.

(y)

#10 ·
I'm sorry but that's funny. Every Honda I have ever owned with Cruise Control has had that MAIN button. I guess I never really thought about it before, but you are right, it's just plain weird. One of those things you just get used to and never think about. Gotta be a story there, and I guarantee someone out there knows, and it's sure not me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.