Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Researching before buying...I assume one of these "packages" is on every car purchased. For those who have purchased or been to a dealer, are these packages "Optional" as an add-on from dealer or already on the vehicles on the lot? Look like lots of dealer profit built in. Very helpful posts on the forum. Thanks. B

·
Registered
110 Posts
They aren't applied to all vehicles, I've seen plenty on lots without either. It seems like a lot of the initial ones have the Adventure package (fender flares etc.). As you said it's basically a nice high margin package that some dealers are choosing to add.

You can get everything in those packages as individual dealer-install accessories if you just want something specific (like the towing package).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the post. I need the towing package for a small boat, but not the other accessories that I have read about. Trying to figure how to not pay for something I don't want.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks for the post. I need the towing package for a small boat, but not the other accessories that I have read about. Trying to figure how to not pay for something I don't want.
bernardiparts.com is a great place to start.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Researching before buying
Have you done the Build & Price tool on the Honda website? It'll show you what's standard and what's available as an add-on package or accessory. Some dealers will add packages and accessories (on unsold vehicles) at a markup to increase profits. But they're not mandatory. You can shop around for unmolested Passports of your trim and color choice.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK. I was thinking the accessories add on was already on vehicles on the lot, judging from high mspr's quoted. Apparently, some are and some are not. Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Goodies are great but go for price first and foremost. Dealers will throw in accessories because there is a ton of margin. So if you go this route to get them thrown in, GO BIG!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts