Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Passport EX-L FWD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately the new EX-L does not come with factory fog lights like the 2021, I would like to have them installed so a couple of questions.
1- Could they be installed on this EX-L
2- Is the wiring, connectors, etc, hidden somewhere within the body panels of the front of the vehicle like the connector and wiring for the trailer hitch lights.
Thanks
Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car Wheel

·
Registered
447 Posts
I wish I can help but the dealer is your best bet on any issue 2022 specific right now, while forum members have completely dissected and pinned up the 2019-2021 years, 2022 Passport owners are still few and far between on this forum.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Didn't look but if it is a factory or dealer installed option then look up the part numbers needed for the install. Chances are the wiring is there but it may be missing a relay and switch. The switch wiring may not be there.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I didn't know of this, thanks for pointing it out. Shame on Honda, it doesn't look like you can get it as a dealer installed option. That's a deal breaker! Once again as they did on the Ridgeline, Honda raises the floor for the lowest trim in terms of content or price. Other fish in the sea!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey all. As I wait for delivery of my ‘22 EXL passport I’m looking into buying stuff. My thoughts are a hood deflector and fog lights. Surprisingly it doesn’t come with fogs. Anyone have any good links for those parts. Do they sell factory fog lights as a kit? They did for my ‘13 Nissan Altima. Wires were already there. Plug and play. Any thoughts? Also don’t like the chrome front trim on the EXL. is the black one available separately?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Honda dropping fog lights for the EX-L is new for the 2022 because the 2019-2021 have fogs, so I can't say if the wiring is waiting under the bumper but I suspect it might be more involving that just buying fogs lights and installing them, for the 2019-2021 model years the fog light switch is on the steering wheel headlight stalk, if the fog light appendage is missing on the 2022 EX-L stalk then you probably have to install a separate switch to turn the fog light on and off.
You can replace the chrome grille garnish assembly with a black elite model one, you can order that from an Honda dealer and install yourself.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Honda dropping fog lights for the EX-L is new for the 2022 because the 2019-2021 have fogs, so I can't say if the wiring is waiting under the bumper but I suspect it might be more involving that just buying fogs lights and installing them, for the 2019-2021 model years the fog light switch is on the steering wheel headlight stalk, if the fog light appendage is missing on the 2022 EX-L stalk then you probably have to install a separate switch to turn the fog light on and off.
You can replace the chrome grille garnish assembly with a black elite model one, you can order that from an Honda dealer and install yourself.
It was super easy on my Nissan. Came with a new stalk and everything. 30 minute job. I’m thinking I may just paint the chrome trim. If it looks bad then I’ll buy one. Lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all. As I wait for delivery of my ‘22 EXL passport I’m looking into buying stuff. My thoughts are a hood deflector and fog lights. Surprisingly it doesn’t come with fogs. Anyone have any good links for those parts. Do they sell factory fog lights as a kit? They did for my ‘13 Nissan Altima. Wires were already there. Plug and play. Any thoughts? Also don’t like the chrome front trim on the EXL. is the black one available separately?
We just received our and was shocked they were not there. Housing have removable knock so they will bolt right in and I found a harness with white and brown pair wires on the passenger wheel well so my guess is the wiring is there just need the kit and should be an easy install. Currently my dealer has no idea if it can be added though. Hopefully with a little time someone will figure it out.

·
Registered
447 Posts
When installing fog lights on the 2022 Passport, other than finding the wiring harness for the fog lights you also need to confirm that your headlight control stalk has the fog light switch too, else your installation will need a separate aftermarket switch.

Font Auto part Bicycle part Screenshot Logo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does not look like Honda plans to put a fog light kit at least in the 2022 model EX-L. I checked the fuse box on mine and there is a slot for a fog light relay, but no female connection in the slot so no pre-wiring has been done from factory. Only option I can for see for 2022 models (not sure if this will change in 2023), is to get an aftermarket or Honda genuine fog light assembly from a Ridgeline and DIY your own harness with a relay.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Passport EX-L
2 Posts
After i purchased the EX-L I was actually really pissed when i got home and noticed there were no fog lights i was like this cant be, i really could not belive it. i didnt notice it at the dealership and i assumed they were there. Cheaper cars have them why not this one? All EX-L's Have them why not this year...This was really shitty of honda to do. If Anyone figures out what we can do let us know Thank You!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts