Honda Passport Forum banner

Add power folding mirrors

11008 Views 12 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  ProdGirl
Wife bought a new Passport. Doesn’t fit in the garage without folding in at least one mirror.

Has anyone added the power folding mirrors to their Passport from the Touring model?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
I thought all PP mirrors were Powered? Maybe just the upper models?
I think only the Touring and Elite have the power folding mirrors. The 2020 EX-L that we have only has manual folding mirrors.

The mirrors can be adjusted with the switch but not folded in.
Reactions: 1
You are best to contact your dealership's parts department to determine parts that are required. First, you will need to determine if the harness and connectors exist for all the required components. Likely to require new sideview mirrors (left & right), control unit and switch.

For the Honda Pilot, similar to the Passport...

Text Diagram Line Line art Drawing
See less See more
You are best to contact your dealership's parts department to determine parts that are required. First, you will need to determine if the harness and connectors exist for all the required components. Likely to require new sideview mirrors (left & right), control unit and switch.

For the Honda Pilot, similar to the Passport...

View attachment 7775
I believe you will also need an arm and possibly a leg. 😮
My touring does but it is a button that I manually press. It will fold the mirrors in. I didn't know it was there until my husband asked me why I wasn't using it...a year after owning it. Downside, it doesn't automatically open them up when you drive so I have to remember if I am pulling out of the garage but it is still a cool feature if parking somewhere and I don't want my mirrors to get dinged.
My touring does but it is a button that I manually press. It will fold the mirrors in. I didn't know it was there until my husband asked me why I wasn't using it...a year after owning it. Downside, it doesn't automatically open them up when you drive so I have to remember if I am pulling out of the garage but it is still a cool feature if parking somewhere and I don't want my mirrors to get dinged.
I love small surprises! You would think that they would and should go to their normal position when put into drive...:unsure:
The vehicle will not move if the front door is open, it doesn't even shift into D if it is.
The first thing I did after getting measurement of the passport and my garage was test drive it straight to my garage. After getting as close as I can on the passenger side, I have 8” to spare on the drivers side, so it was no joke. I won’t fit without folding the mirrors either. And my washer/dryer is back there, so I have to keep the mirrors folded to get to it.

Can you talk with your dealer about swapping it out for a touring or elite model?
The elite mirrors fold and open with the push of a button.

See less See more
The first thing I did after getting measurement of the passport and my garage was test drive it straight to my garage. After getting as close as I can on the passenger side, I have 8” to spare on the drivers side, so it was no joke. I won’t fit without folding the mirrors either. And my washer/dryer is back there, so I have to keep the mirrors folded to get to it.
And how do you exit the vehicle? Climb out the sunroof and slide down the hood? lol
And how do you exit the vehicle? Climb out the sunroof and slide down the hood? lol
Pivot sideways, my laundry basket has to go in parallel to the car too. Maybe it also helps me to turn down an extra piece of pumpkin pie! 🎃
I believe you will also need an arm and possibly a leg. 😮
I looked up the parts online and the mirror assemblies are $700 each. Add in the electrical wiring, switch replacement, and labor it will probably be closer to two arms and a leg!

Can you talk with your dealer about swapping it out for a touring or elite model?
The elite mirrors fold and open with the push of a button.

View attachment 7885
How wide is your garage and the actual opening?
How wide is your garage and the actual opening?
I don’t remember what it was, but I moved and bought house on Sept 2021 with a bigger garage. My intent was to only stay in that apartment for about a year after buying my Passport, and I was going to be traveling for 3/4 of the year and not even home. However, Covid shut our industry down for 18 months and moving with no work wasn’t an option,

My new garage is:
Garage door is 96” tall x 94” opening
Plant Sky Building Car Tire
See less See more
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.