Honda Passport Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2021 AWD Sport Crystal Black / 2021 AWD EX-L lSteel Metallic
293 Posts
Please point me to where you got the instructions for the menu setting trick that disables the ANC.
1) Play music through CarPlay
2) Enter hidden menu (Power+ Brightness +Home)
3) toggle the ANC function in the audio diagnostics
I will say when exiting the menu it automatically goes back on. Only way to permanently shut it off is to unplug it.
And you can also use android auto for line 1. above.

·
Registered
181 Posts
1) Play music through CarPlay
2) Enter hidden menu (Power+ Brightness +Home)
3) toggle the ANC function in the audio diagnostics
I will say when exiting the menu it automatically goes back on. Only way to permanently shut it off is to unplug it.
And you can also use android auto for line 1. above.
Thank you.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Holy cow am I glad I disconnected the ANC! 100% better without the fake engine/exhaust piping through the speakers! So much quitier when doing a hard acceleration!

·
Registered
293 Posts
WARNING:
Attention, this needs to be done, my installer failed to remove the Lip and ruined a set of speakers! The Lip inside the FRONT DOORS SPEAKER sticks out about 1/2" or more. DON'T ASSUME THE STEREO SHOP ALREADY KNOWS - TELL THEM!

Unfortunately, I only have a picture of it AFTER it was removed, if anyone has a photo of the un-removed Lip, please feel free to post it.

View attachment 13612
I am in the middle of adding sound deadening and speaker upgrade on wife's pp. I did measure and compare speakers and the lip on the backside of the door panel. The lip is larger the the woofer material by about 1/8 so no contact. Maybe other speakers are a little larger but the infinities are exact same size as factories.

Attachments

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,392 Posts
I am in the middle of adding sound deadening and speaker upgrade on wife's pp. I did measure and compare speakers and the lip on the backside of the door panel. The lip is larger the the woofer material by about 1/8 so no contact. Maybe other speakers are a little larger but the infinities are exact same size as factories.
Hello Mr. Gibson,

if I provide you my cell phone number, can you please send me that picture of the inside door panel Lip?

Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hello Mr. Gibson,

if I provide you my cell phone number, can you please send me that picture of the inside door panel Lip?

Thanks
I posted a pic of it but pm me your digits sir. I will send you mine as well. Only got one more door to go.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
515 Posts
I wasn't going to tear the door back down to verify this but, I knew that the OEM speakers and the combo of the Infinity speakers with the supplied adapter ring was the exact same height and diameter. So I knew the door panel was not going to have any more compression against the upgrade verses the stock speakers. But, I did take a small but powerful O-light LED flashlight and held it against the speaker grill and you can see through the grill that the entire woofer is within the door panel ring.

I am sure that there are aftermarket speakers that this wouldn't be the case and that the door panel ring would indeed be against the woofer or punch it out entirely when re-installed. With that possibility Crutchfield will err on the side of caution for the modification to the door panel. I'm a machinist by trade and over measure and fit things to OCD levels. Measure 3 times cut once. And if I don't see cutting something necessary I wouldn't.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts