Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,944 Posts
Have people with AC issues noticed it just stops blowing cold or is there something else happening?

My VIN is on the recall, but the AC is working just fine (as infrequently as I use it), and I’d rather not spend three days at the dealer if there is no issue.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Per the bulletin, check for staining on the lower right corner (driver's side) of the condenser. It is clearly visible through the lower grill of the bumper. Typically, service departments will not implement a TSB unless there is a problem versus a recall.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah your vehicle may or may not experience a leak Just depending on how well the o-ring has sealed.. if it has a slow leak it could take some time before you noticed loss of cooling. Like dude said you can just periodically look through the front grille at the area shown in the picture, if you start to see an oil film just take it in and they will replace the condenser.

·
Registered
561 Posts
As an aside, the refrigerant used in the Passport (as with many newer vehicles) is now HFO-1234yf versus previous R134a. The claim is that performance is similar. I don't think so?

·
Registered
276 Posts
My PP is in the VIN range. Looked today and the area is clean. No leaks detected. AC blew nice and cold in 98 degree weather this weekend.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,810 Posts
It was 86 on my way home and I had it cranked, but I will still check for the staining...

·
Registered
890 Posts
Looking at the TSB and the production range noted, if PP production began with KB000001 through KB 019991 it appears to be the earliest PP's to come off the line.

·
Registered
890 Posts
My Elite (KB012655) is also within the noted range on the TSB. Just checked my receiver/dryer cap and surrounding area and saw no staining. A/C worked well today in a high speed 160 mile drive to Virginia in 78-degree but high humidity temps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts