Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my A1 service done, which is oil change and tire rotation, on my Honda Passport 2022. When I get on the highway I’m seeing a major pull towards the left side of the car.

What could be the issue? Was something not done right at time of service?

Haven’t had the issue before the A1 service.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Check both your front tires to ensure the thread is wearing evenly and they are structurally sound, if the tires are okay, ask the dealer for an alignment check. I always have my alignment checked whenever rear tires are moved to the front.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Check the torque of the lug nuts. Wheel nut torque: 94 lb-ft (127 N·m)

Some shops actually use a torque wrench and torque to spec, others just use the impact wrench.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I rotate my own tires my way...I ALWAYS move my rear tires straight front...That way the tires your putting on the front have already been rotating the same direction they came from...I X my front tires to the rear...It all ends up the same in the end, BUT there's less chance of having a pulling problem where you'll notice it...larryd

·
Registered
377 Posts
Same rotation for me. Back to front, cross to rear. Been doing this rotation for 20+ years
I rotate my own tires my way...I ALWAYS move my rear tires straight front...That way the tires your putting on the front have already been rotating the same direction they came from...I X my front tires to the rear...It all ends up the same in the end, BUT there's less chance of having a pulling problem where you'll notice it...larryd

Actually on a FWD biased AWD system like the Passport, you want to cross the front tires not the rears. If RWD based AWD, you want to cross the rear.

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
841 Posts
How many miles on your PP?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Tread depth and mileage have a direction relationship. I'm having my first cup of coffee ☕ as well.

You have a new vehicle. Take it back and tell them your concerns. Too many unknowns! Heck, the tech could have drove your vehicle to pick up lunch and hit a curb. You would be shocked what techs do in a vehicle, having a dash cam will confirm that. 😉

·
Registered
816 Posts
Tread depth and mileage have a direction relationship. I'm having my first cup of coffee ☕ as well.

You have a new vehicle. Take it back and tell them your concerns. Too many unknowns! Heck, the tech could have drove your vehicle to pick up lunch and hit a curb. You would be shocked what techs do in a vehicle, having a dash cam will confirm that. 😉
The only direction relationship is that the tread depth goes down as the mileage goes up. There is however no standard wear amount per mile driven.

·
Registered
841 Posts
The only direction relationship is that the tread depth goes down as the mileage goes up. There is however no standard wear amount per mile driven.
And... this is how we go down a rabbit hole and becomes unproductive.

• Love
Reactions: penzance

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi adventure22,

Not sure if this could be the case for you, but years ago I had a similar experience where the vehicle wanted to track to the right. The dealer said that the belt in the tire was crooked and not in alignment. They replaced the tire and it 100% solved the problem.
Possibly in your case, you had a faulty tire on the back which may have gone unnoticed until your tire rotation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update, picked up the car and they said they couldn’t find anything wrong with it. Two mechanics tested it and nothing.

I did notice tire pressures have been inflated to spec and I made all the recommendations from you guys. Hopefully tightening the lug nuts and everything fixed the issue.

I’ll keep an eye on her.

Thanks to everyone’s suggestions this a great community!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts