Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But dealership says it's supposed to be like that. It is just not enough air... and takes a long long time to cool down. It barely blows in the back seat. Anyone else notice this?

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,042 Posts
My works fine, but as it is cooling a huge interior, I always roll the windows down a while, with the AC on first, then roll the windows up. But I could see it may also depend on where you live, as it is rarely over 90 F when I get in...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are you running the rear air even without backseat passengers? I think you have to to cool the big rig. I’ve been using 3 zone auto and I’m cool as a cucumber.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Mine works great. 95* today, set A/C at 67*, blows nice and cold and I can increase fan speed to blow as fast as I would want it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
But dealership says it's supposed to be like that. It is just not enough air... and takes a long long time to cool down. It barely blows in the back seat. Anyone else notice this?
What the ambient temp difference from the driver/ passenger vent? Given the difference tells if the unit is performing.well or not. It is not how long it takes to cool down It is the temp differential.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD
5 Posts
My A/C works fine when it's hot outside. But when it's in the 50s and 60s outside on a sunny day, and my Passport has been sitting outside, it gets in the 80s inside the vehicle (helped by the intensity of the sun at 6,000' elevation). Under those specific conditions I get no cold air and no increase in fan speed to cool down the interior. I keep it on Auto so I would think it could handle that condition like my Toyotas, Subarus and Hyundai cars have done....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, I just went on a long trip and the wife noticed that the front vents were blowing cold and the rear vents blowing warm air. I had the AC in sync mode so it should have been the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts