Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
The only area I expect it to fall a bit flat (no pun intended) is with bass. Often stock systems are just underpowered and can easily be improved upon with an amp.

·
Registered
110 Posts
To the audiophiles out there, from experience I realized that sound deadening is a weak point.
Once you improve that (even on entry-level audio system), sound is greatly improved.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Most people seemed satisfied with the sound system in the Pilot Touring. But I agree that Dynamat is probably a good idea, even to reduce road noise.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hopefully they improve on the sub and tweeters from the pilot.

If not, a tweeter swap up front and a powered spare tire subwoofer from JBL should make for a pretty nice combo in the passport.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I tested a touring today. In my opinion it is the best sounding stock audio I have heard in anything I have tested. Nine speakers plus subwoofer. Easy to change audio settings. I have a pretty picky ear and for me it was probably the best part of the car.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It’s 550w. I was wondering how it sounded. It’s very important to me to have a great stereo. I wonder if it’s better than the 2019 Forester I tested earlier this month? 576w HK radio. The bass pounded for an OEM.

I hate that Sport and EXL have a crappy 152w system.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Toyota Highlander limited has 825 watt 10 speaker plus two subwoofer😳 I only listened to the xle. Need to hear that one. Stereo is important fir me too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have to say on my touring it sounds like a custom sound system with a amp. Its the best sounding stock radio that I have ever had in any of my Hondas..I could actually feel the door panel vibrating on my leg.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Tested a High level trim Kia with touring package today. 630 watt Karmon Hardin. Have to say it is better that the Passport Touring. It is the first stock stereo I have found yet that is better. And has Apple car play / android.

But as I said before the Passport Touring has great audio and you should love listening to it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Coming form a Land Rover with a 825 watt Harman Kardon system with 14 speakers, I'll have to go with the a Touring or Elite with the better stereo. Probably the Elite since once you have a heated steering wheel you can never live without it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have had some awesome stereos in my life, my 2008 Mustang had 2 stock 10” subs , it was call the Shaker 1000, 1000 watt system. The base was over the top deep.
I’m not saying it was the best, but what I am saying is I think there is better stereos then what the Passport has.
The Passport 550 watt stereo is indeed a GREAT stereo. It is a well balanced system, enough low, medium & high range to make a delightful drive.
What I thought was cool that I would of NEVER thought I would use was the “driver only” zone selection. Patty was taking a nap on our drive yesterday, 400 mile. I put the stereo to “driver only zone” and I could hear the music without the sub bumping in the back gound. She slept longer and I drove further :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Coming form a Land Rover with a 825 watt Harman Kardon system with 14 speakers, I'll have to go with the a Touring or Elite with the better stereo. Probably the Elite since once you have a heated steering wheel you can never live without it.
Why are you leaving the Land Rover?

·
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gary, we make a 4 hour-ish drive to Vegas about once a year and a sleeping-wife (where I can listen to MY music) is often the best part of the drive...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Why are you leaving the Land Rover?
Not leaving, just need to add another vehicle to our family motor pool. I absolutely love my LR4 but it's closing in on 100K miles. And I use it for work so it's fully depreciated and I could write off more depreciation/expense on a new vehicle. Plus my daughter starts driving soon and she wants it. We live near a drive-on beach and most of the high school kids drive Wranglers, or other Jeeps, Land Rovers, Toyota/Lexus beach-capable SUV's passed down from their parents. The biggest issue is that I can't buy the Discovery (D5) that replaced the LR4. Feels like some mixture of an Explorer and Traverse. So many LR4 features missing...lower driving position, SCV6, smaller inside despite being 10" longer, 6 less AC vents, none for the dog. Just can't spend $75K for a vehicle I don't like.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have to say on my touring it sounds like a custom sound system with a amp. Its the best sounding stock radio that I have ever had in any of my Hondas..I could actually feel the door panel vibrating on my leg.
I got the Touring too and I agree 100%. Best Honda stereo I have ever heard by far.

·
627 Posts
I have the 550w and 2nd best stock stereo in a vehicle ever/I also have a mustang gt convertible with a Shaker system upgrade and that thing pumps more but this 550watter is way worth it if one is on the fence 😎

1 - 20 of 35 Posts