101 - 120 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #101

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just a 5,000 mile update (odometer reading).

Pros:

-- Comfortable highway vehicle even with my aftermarket wheels and tires.
-- Fuel economy (I came from a Tacoma and a Wrangler Unlimited previously).
-- Interior room, especially the rear seat.
-- Don’t see many on the road.

Cons:

-- Once had the Nav stop working.
-- Twice had the steering wheel control for station selection stop working.
-- Paddle shifters are too slow to engage the gear (whether up or down).

The electronic hiccups are the biggest surprise to me. Also wish it had more lower RPM grunt to move the rig (need more torque in lower RPMs).

Overall still a great vehicle.

She is a beauty!!

Did you lift your HP? Is there room to go with a tire that fills out the wheel well more without rubbing?

Thanks!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
No, no lift. And no rubbing with my set-up.

But I am thinking about the spacers currently for sale.

Reactions: Armanius

·
Registered
45 Posts
its crazy because the passport does have a much better exhaust sound than my ridge...
Just FYI...I removed the active noise cancelling module behind the glove box. What exhaust noise the PP did have...is gone. It was being piped through the stereo. Car is much quieter now.

Which is ironic...the ANC is supposed to make it quieter. It apparently is designed to cancel low-frequency sounds when the engine goes into cylinder deactivation mode. Well...I deactivated that, too.

So the ANC was left just piping fake exhaust noise into the cabin.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,897 Posts
Nice to hear Diablo, I def. considering doing that too, when I swap out the door speakers and add some sound deadening...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
I haven’t posted in this thread in some time so providing this update.

We completed a 2147 mile trip over the past 5 days. Overall generally pleased with the HP but I have to comment that the Nav is a POS. The final 3 hours of our drive home to Florida the entire system was frozen. Could not change anything. This has happened before and the only way to cure this crap is to stop and shutdown the vehicle. The HP is such a fantastic vehicle but this is just annoying now. We also have an Alfa Romeo and when they came back into the US market it was all about the “reliability” especially the electronics. Well I’m here to say we’ve had more issues with the HP’s electronics than the Alfa in about the same time frame. I’m at the point that I’m not sure I’d recommend the HP because of the continual problems with the electronics. Anyway just venting…

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
So I took the HP to the dealership for an oil change and to also ask them about (1) the infotainment freezing/locking, (2) the jerky transmission shifting, and (3) passenger mirror noise when closing.

(1) "We cannot see any codes for the infotainment system." So unless it was happening the exact moment they said there is nothing they can do. I did take some video on my cell phone to show them how none of the buttons worked but they still said there is nothing they can do.

(2) Dealership claimed there isn't any service bulletins. Seems to be contrary to the this thread:

(3) Wasn't making the noise when I was there so nothing done on this as well.

The only thing "good" about this visit is I made sure that they noted everything on my paperwork for documentation.

Reactions: Moab Junky

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
So after about 15,000 miles with the AEM intake I went back to the OEM set-up today. There is nothing wrong with the AEM, I just want to drive around now with the OEM intake for a couple thousand miles for a "butt dyno" check against the AEM intake.

Interesting "finds" while under the hood too. The plastic shroud between the grille and hood is jacking up the black trim piece. I also noticed that many of the rubber components are turning grayish in color. I live in Florida (humidity) so I can't believe they are drying up. * shrug *

·
2,897 Posts
Did you get Mylar on your front end?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Do you mean clear bra? If so, yes but on the lower painted pieces of the front end. None on the hood or fender flares.

·
2,897 Posts
Do you mean clear bra? If so, yes but on the lower painted pieces of the front end. None on the hood or fender flares.
Are you sure they did not put any there? (where it is pealing)

It sure looks like it and I think my XPEL guy did that area...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Good question but I don't think it's the clear bra even if it was put there (but still think they did not add any there). Here is a closer picture. It's all jacked.

·
2,897 Posts
Is your Mylar guy close by? I'd take it to him and ask him about it... I don't think that shiney black plastic pieces have a layer like that...

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
388 Posts
I've never seen anything like that. And I'm just a little confused... is that the reflection of your garage door in the up position in the trim? Can't figure out what is the brownish color with the vertical lines? Strange it looks like the components are getting calked over

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
^ Yes, that's the garage door in the reflection. Took one outside today...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Went to the dealership to have them look at the trim piece under the hood (above). They took pictures and will contact the regional Honda guy on what can be done. Waiting game now...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Also removed the roof top basket this weekend. I have a Thule Pulse M cargo box on the way.

Interesting, I hear the Cooper tires so much more now. Not sure if the slight wind noise the basket gave was enough to cancel the tire noise. It's not loud or bad, just surprising to "hear" the tires.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Received the Thule Pulse M (614) roof top box today and threw it on the rig. Haven't driven yet with it, that's this weekend.

Info on the Thule box = Thule Pulse

More thoughts later as we use it...

·
2,897 Posts
Looks great, How do you access it and what fits in it (if that's not too personal..lol)?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Passenger side only access. Opens up about 13" or so. I test fit 3 folding beach chairs (recliner with arm rests) and they fit just fine stacked on each other. Plenty of room to add a couple of bags with the chairs in the box. Dealing with the sand inside in the back is one of the main reasons for getting the box. Road test this weekend will be to the beach with all of our gear. :)

101 - 120 of 162 Posts