Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get a different remote starter installed that they like, one that works with your phone? I just got off the phone with Honda and they've confirmed that, even though the dealer said I could use my iPhone to start my Passport, that functionality is NOT (nor will it be) available.
Wondering if anyone has put a phone-compatible remote starter in, and how you like it?
I'm in Minnesota, and would like to be able to get my Passport started from farther away than line of sight with the supplied fob starter. And to get confirmation that it's started.
Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Anyone get a different remote starter installed that they like, one that works with your phone? I just got off the phone with Honda and they've confirmed that, even though the dealer said I could use my iPhone to start my Passport, that functionality is NOT (nor will it be) available.
Wondering if anyone has put a phone-compatible remote starter in, and how you like it?
I'm in Minnesota, and would like to be able to get my Passport started from farther away than line of sight with the supplied fob starter. And to get confirmation that it's started.
Thanks!
I also am interested in aftermarket remote start. I need more range than the factory remote start has.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: Best Buy tells me neither their Viper or Compustar brands will work in the 2019 Passport yet, vehicle is too new.

Similarly, a local Honda dealership- (NOT the one where I bought the Passport) tells me they have nothing that will replace the factory remote starter that works with my phone. That one is strictly one-way communication as well, with no confirmation back that the vehicle has started.

The search continues...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts