Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
352 Posts
I don’t think I’ve seen anyone successfully go over 265 width without cutting and trimming the wheel wells, lift or not. Unfortunately the Passport design curve of the wheel well means even the largest 3.5” lift available doesn’t fix the wheel well still coming too close at full lock.

265/60/18 is a toss up on rubbing at full lock without a lift, depending on what type of tire. Some people have reported rubbing, some don’t.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would not recommend it at stock height. I get slight rub at full lock with 265/50/20 AT's
Copy... Just wondering. Hadn't seen much posted about it.
I would not recommend it at stock height. I get slight rub at full lock with 265/50/20 AT's
Copy.. just curious as not much has been posted about it

· Registered
352 Posts
For a 20” wheel low profile are probably the only tires that will fit, hence why several of us downgraded to 18” wheels, so we could get beefier protection.

255/60/18 is what I have, as zero rubbing in 100% of conditions.
265/60/18 looks better, but rubs for some people when turning at full lock.
275/45/20 is going to be the same height as OEM (.1” is negligible), so sidewall height is the same, but a wider tire. Depends on what you’re going for I suppose.

· Registered
2022 Passport AWD
168 Posts
For a 20” wheel low profile are probably the only tires that will fit, hence why several of us downgraded to 18” wheels, so we could get beefier protection.

255/60/18 is what I have, as zero rubbing in 100% of conditions.
265/60/18 looks better, but rubs for some people when turning at full lock.
275/45/20 is going to be the same height as OEM (.1” is negligible), so sidewall height is the same, but a wider tire. Depends on what you’re going for I suppose.
Thanks. I'd likely stick with the stock wheels. I wonder if I'd be able to get away with a 265/50/20? Is that about .52" difference??

· Registered
352 Posts
I would think 265/50/20 would work fine and look solid, as that’s pretty much the exact same size as 265/60/18 many people are rubbing, some with just slight rubbing at full turn (which is rare, mainly when backing out of parking spaces and such), and some have had zero rubbing on that size. Mainly depends on how aggressive a tire you get at that size.

I think I saw someone on the site running a 265/50/20 actually with pics somewhere.

Reactions: kgilbertsen_1

· Registered
2022 Passport AWD
168 Posts
I would think 265/50/20 would work fine and look solid, as that’s pretty much the exact same size as 265/60/18 many people are rubbing, some with just slight rubbing at full turn (which is rare, mainly when backing out of parking spaces and such), and some have had zero rubbing on that size. Mainly depends on how aggressive a tire you get at that size.

I think I saw someone on the site running a 265/50/20 actually with pics somewhere.
I'll see if I can find that. I've got some time to decide... ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.