Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Touring in Radiant Red
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a bit confused by various posts here. I thought 245/60R18 would be good to downsize to for winters on my 2022 Touring, but then I have also heard that there is some rubbing on the extreme ends. I got a few quotes and one shop did price out 255/55R18 tires for (without me telling them the exact size that was on the Trailsports or EXL/Sport).

The non-Touring/Elite trims have 245/60R18 I believe, but I'm just a bit confused if people say that size will rub when they are talking about their winters.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,618 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the OFFSET of the Wheel the Tires are mounted on, plays in to if there is rubbing or not.

My Black Rhino (aftermarket) wheels have a 35 Offset (if I recall correctly) and paired with 265/60R/18 tires, I do get rubbing on the Passenger-side only...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm a bit confused by various posts here. I thought 245/60R18 would be good to downsize to for winters on my 2022 Touring, but then I have also heard that there is some rubbing on the extreme ends. I got a few quotes and one shop did price out 255/55R18 tires for (without me telling them the exact size that was on the Trailsports or EXL/Sport).

The non-Touring/Elite trims have 245/60R18 I believe, but I'm just a bit confused if people say that size will rub when they are talking about their winters.
Hi again, ellisd.
I hope you are enjoying and loving your new ride. Hope your beautiful shepherd is too.
I have some wheel info I can share with you. Stephen D. is so correct. Offset is everything and very important. If you go with a 245/60r18 tire size with a 45 offset you will come come very close to matching the OEM Specs. Guaranteed no rub and perfect fit.
Also, not sure if you’ve heard of Canada wheels.They are very legit.Their deals are incredible and you can buy Hub Centric. I’ve bought 2 sets of wheels off them in the last 2 years. Just make sure the wheels are winter rated. I bought FAST brand from them and DAI alloys. Bonus, no more curb rash worries on the wheels and tires I bought. I bought the same tires as Steve D, the Continental Terrain Contact.
Also a little note for those shopping for the Michelin SUV Cross Climates in 20”. You can save a huge amount going for that tire in the 18” and it will save you a huge amount to go towards new 18” wheels.

👍

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite, Obsidian Blue Pearl
95 Posts
Please clarify - are you looking at 245/60R18 or 265/60R18? You have 265 in your post header but refer to 245 in your starter message...
Both stevenD and I have 265/60R18s that rub a bit (at full lock). I would imagine that 245/60R18s would be free & clear with no issues. 255/55R18s are 0.6" dia smaller than the 245/60R18s.

Reactions: JS SAYN

·
Registered
2022 Touring in Radiant Red
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi again, ellisd.
I hope you are enjoying and loving your new ride. Hope your beautiful shepherd is too.
I have some wheel info I can share with you. Stephen D. is so correct. Offset is everything and very important. If you go with a 245/60r18 tire size with a 45 offset you will come come very close to matching the OEM Specs. Guaranteed no rub and perfect fit.
Also, not sure if you’ve heard of Canada wheels.They are very legit.Their deals are incredible and you can buy Hub Centric. I’ve bought 2 sets of wheels off them in the last 2 years. Just make sure the wheels are winter rated. I bought FAST brand from them and DAI alloys. Bonus, no more curb rash worries on the wheels and tires I bought. I bought the same tires as Steve D, the Continental Terrain Contact.
Also a little note for those shopping for the Michelin SUV Cross Climates in 20”. You can save a huge amount going for that tire in the 18” and it will save you a huge amount to go towards new 18” wheels.

👍
Yea I'm enjoying it so far! Have a few minor things but not sure it's anything to worry about. Might send you a PM. Hows yours been?

Yea I've looked at Canadawheels to compare prices to what the local shops here in Calgary are charging. Have had some quotes on Fast, RWC and RTX. I've had both Fast and RTX in the past but they all did well for winter. Definitely not going to go with 20" for winters for sure.

I think I'm leaning towards X-Ice Winters or Toyo GSI-6 for my winter tires.

Please clarify - are you looking at 245/60R18 or 265/60R18? You have 265 in your post header but refer to 245 in your starter message...
Both stevenD and I have 265/60R18s that rub a bit (at full lock). I would imagine that 245/60R18s would be free & clear with no issues. 255/55R18s are 0.6" dia smaller than the 245/60R18s.
Yea sorry I am just confusing myself. I saw before 2022 the non-Touring trims had 265/60 listed on some sites and now it's 245/60. Thought I was going crazy about them changing haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts