Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Welcome!

Hopefully, she doesn't assume the persona of her cars trim title. 馃槈

The very first mod I made to our "elite" on the morning after purchase, was to remove the "Elite" badging. I could not stomach driving around with that on the rig.

That aside, your wife has good taste in vehicles. Here's to many happy new memories being made.
馃嵒

Registered
2023 Passport Elite
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! One thing I may do is find a hood strut retrofit kit if they're available. Not a fan of prop rods and the hood is a bit heavy.

Registered
Cool deal and welcome. Enjoy your new ride!! I can attest to the capability and comfort of this vehicle on long road trips and extreme weather.

Reactions: 23Elite

Registered
Thanks! One thing I may do is find a hood strut retrofit kit if they're available. Not a fan of prop rods and the hood is a bit heavy.
One thing to keep in mind is Honda changed from non ferrous aluminum to ferrous metal hoods a few model years back. So the struts might have a hard time holding the hood up. Also servicing/access under the hood will be difficult. No longer able to lock rod in 2nd position.

2019 Touring: since March-2019
Congrats & Welcome...!

Registered
2022 PP Elite AWD
Congrats and welcome!

Registered
2023 Passport Elite
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One thing to keep in mind is Honda changed from non ferrous aluminum to ferrous metal hoods a few model years back. So the struts might have a hard time holding the hood up. Also servicing/access under the hood will be difficult. No longer able to lock rod in 2nd position.
Thanks. Yeah, I forgot about that second prop position. I'll just leave it alone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts