Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With our new 2022 PP, when we reset the trip odometer after filling up, it also resets the fuel mileage display. I believe our 2014 CRV kept going and did a "life time" fuel average. So recently we filled up and went on the highway right away with the average fule mileage showing 12.2 or something. The readout started going down, until it reached 8.8 L per 100 KM. This is 26.7 US GPM or 32 Imperial GPM. Impressive! This is with the cylinder deactivation but without using the Eco button. Picture taken by the passenger just after getting off the highway.
Vehicle Gadget Communication Device Font Personal luxury car

· Registered
2022 PP Elite AWD
93 Posts
I can't maths so I'm not sure if that's good or not.

I'm currently less than thrilled about my PP MPGs - coming from smaller vehicles. The TT gets about 26-28 (albeit premium fuel) and the mirage gets 32ish.

But I'm still loving the PP. I just need to realize that it can go where the other two vehicles cant.

· Premium Member
2019 Passport Elite
187 Posts
With our new 2022 PP, when we reset the trip odometer after filling up, it also resets the fuel mileage display. I believe our 2014 CRV kept going and did a "life time" fuel average. So recently we filled up and went on the highway right away with the average fule mileage showing 12.2 or something. The readout started going down, until it reached 8.8 L per 100 KM. This is 26.7 US GPM or 32 Imperial GPM. Impressive! This is with the cylinder deactivation but without using the Eco button. Picture taken by the passenger just after getting off the highway.
View attachment 17026
If you use the 'A' button for each tank and the 'B' for lifetime, you can accomplish the same thing as before...

· Registered
2022 Trailsport
225 Posts
Mine does great around town when I'm easy on the go pedal:

Vehicle Motor vehicle Font Gas Auto part

· Registered
2022 PP Elite AWD
93 Posts

· Registered
907 Posts
I'm sure it is. Probably all down hills.
Yes it's downhill and he probably paid the difference while going up. Someone asked him to make the clarification when he posted this MPG earlier and he confirmed it's downhill. Considering the fact that @ballisticexchris can be quite detailed I don't understand why he keeps omitting that fact.

· Registered
2022 PP Elite AWD
93 Posts
Fuelly states that I'm averaging 19.4MPG broken down with these info:
  • I rarely (see: don't) drive below the speed limit
  • On the way to Big Bend National Park, through the hills of i10 and San Antonio area, I may have been going 85-90mph
  • Best Fuelly log was during the stay at BBNP where I actually did observe 45ish mph speed limits. Also some crawling speeds during offroad activities
The above average MPG is likely the exception and not the rule. As time goes on and I take the PP to/from work, my MPG will likely be better since I drive with mom and usually do 70ish mph.

· Registered
2022 Trailsport
225 Posts
40.3? Stop it!
Not really, My passport gets anywhere from 17mpg to just over 42mpg depending on how I drive and road conditions. On a typical long highway road trip I always average just over 25mpg. Around town stop go in sport mode hard acceleration under 20mpg. Mountain driving over 35mpg. If I drive it like a Prius in green flower and utilize VCM then over 40mpg.

It's all about the driver.....

· Registered
2022 Trailsport
225 Posts
With 2WD, open freeway and a lightfoot on the gas, 40.3 mpg is easily achievable.
AWD as well. Light input to throttle up or down is almost all front wheel drive with hardly any power going to rear wheels.

Reactions: fx_chip

· Registered
907 Posts
AWD as well. Light input to throttle up or down is almost all front wheel drive with hardly any power going to rear wheels.
Judging from the profile pic, the OP's Passport is either an EX-L or a Touring, the 2WD version of both weights between 232 lbs (EX-L) and 272 lbs (Touring) less than the AWD version because of the absence of a rear diff, that certainly helps with mileage.

· Registered
2021 AWD Sport Crystal Black / 2021 AWD EX-L lSteel Metallic
644 Posts
With 2WD, open freeway and a lightfoot on the gas, 40.3 mpg is easily achievable.
Not buying it. Although my 200 mile round trip was in my sport trim with awd i did the first leg of the trip with the eco and stayed between 60-65 mph and was super easy on the pedal to see what i could get. Mostly flat land and only got 26mpg. The second leg of the trip(back home) was without the eco and driving the same speeds only got 28 mpg.
So are you saying the 2wd would get a lot better mpg then the awd? What would be the details of someone easily getting 40 mpg in a passport? Staying under 45 mph (who does this?) on super flat land?
So far i have only seen two people out of hundreds on this forum claiming 40 + mpg in a passport.

· Registered
740 Posts
Not buying it. Although my 200 mile round trip was in my sport trim with awd i did the first leg of the trip with the eco and stayed between 60-65 mph and was super easy on the pedal to see what i could get. Mostly flat land and only got 26mpg. The second leg of the trip(back home) was without the eco and driving the same speeds only got 28 mpg.
So are you saying the 2wd would get a lot better mpg then the awd? What would be the details of someone easily getting 40 mpg in a passport? Staying under 45 mph (who does this?) on super flat land?
So far i have only seen two people out of hundreds on this forum claiming 40 + mpg in a passport.
No it would be impossible even with 2WD. The AWD Passport switch to 2WD at higher speeds anyway. I can see maybe 1-2MPG better at most with 2WD but you can’t change aerodynamics with just 2WD.

· Registered
63 Posts
Realistically, I could never reproduce 40.3 mpg again unless all the planets are aligned but I do make an 80 mile, all-interstate trip regularly and I very often get over 30 - 34 mpg in one direction. It has everything to do with the wind resistance. I still remember how hard it was to pedal a bike against the wind then coming home would almost require no effort.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts