Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
The only one of those gray paints I like is Toyota’s Cement paint on the old Tundra. It had a creamy tint to it.

·
Banned
513 Posts
The only one of those gray paints I like is Toyota’s Cement paint on the old Tundra. It had a creamy tint to it.
Audi and Porsche have been using that (Nardo) gray color for years . The Kia Stinger also started using it back in
2018/2019. Toyota and Honda have just recently have been using it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wait...they've begun delivering 2022s? Where is your dealership? I've been waiting for my dealer in MI to get information on the 22' Elite. I know it's unlikley, but I was hoping they get rid of all the piano black inside!
Note the vehicle he posted is a Pilot not a Passport.

·
Registered
2020 Touring
54 Posts
Those actually look like Ridgeline Black Edition 18”wheels, and I agree with you, black wheels are not for me. There are pictures going around of wheels on a Passport Trailsport that look really nice. I put a set of the brushed aluminum Ridgeline wheels on my PP.
View attachment 13145
Video released by Honda in late September, 2021 indeed showed that the Passport TrailSport running with two-tone brushed aluminum/black accent wheels, vs leftover-inventory Ridgeline stock. :eek:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Audi and Porsche have been using that (Nardo) gray color for years . The Kia Stinger also started using it back in
2018/2019. Toyota and Honda have just recently have been using it.
The Sonic Grey Pearl that the Passport is coming in was on the Civic in 2017.

·
Registered
2020 Passport Touring AWD Blue
111 Posts
Video released by Honda in late September, 2021 indeed showed that the Passport TrailSport running with two-tone brushed aluminum/black accent wheels, vs leftover-inventory Ridgeline stock. :eek:
Those nicer wheels are a $1,700 option on the Pilot Trailsport - guessing it will be the same for the Passport TrailSport. The black ridgeline-esque wheels are the stockers.

Reactions: stevenD

·
Registered
1 Posts
Test drove the new 2022 Pilot TrailSport in that exact same color. It definitely is a few inches higher. Inside is basically same.
IMO the TrailSport Trim looks much better on the 2022 PP. Its the new front end/grille, looking like the Ridgeline

·
Banned
513 Posts
Test drove the new 2022 Pilot TrailSport in that exact same color. It definitely is a few inches higher. Inside is basically same.
IMO the TrailSport Trim looks much better on the 2022 PP. Its the new front end/grille, looking like the Ridgeline
Why would Honda keep making the Passport when you can purchase a Pilot TrailSport that looks like a Passport and offers more to the buyer?

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,380 Posts
Why would Honda keep making the Passport when you can purchase a Pilot TrailSport that looks like a Passport and offers more to the buyer?
I suppose you would have to ask HONDA that question, but if you asked PASSPORT BUYERS, they might respond with the following:
1) Buyers may not want 3-Rows.
2) Buyers may want to sleep in the back and the 3-rows do not fold down flat enough.
3) Buyers may want to save money (Pilots cost more than Passports).
4) Buyers may want a smaller (shorter) vehicle.

·
Registered
2021 AWD Sport Crystal Black / 2021 AWD EX-L lSteel Metallic
262 Posts
I suppose you would have to ask HONDA that question, but if you asked PASSPORT BUYERS, they might respond with the following:
1) Buyers may not want 3-Rows.
2) Buyers may want to sleep in the back and the 3-rows do not fold down flat enough.
3) Buyers may want to save money (Pilots cost more than Passports).
4) Buyers may want a smaller (shorter) vehicle.
That would be my 4 reasons.

·
Registered
2020 Passport Touring AWD Blue
111 Posts
Must have been lifted as the Trailsport is only .6 inches higher than other Pilot trims per Honda specs.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts