Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, looking for some advice.

Looking at adding a couple more items to my 2019 sport. I love the new exhaust tips on the 22 and was wondering if anyone knew if they would bolt up to the 19 and work with the bumper? I would buy the entire muffler from Honda as I know the tips are welded. I was also looking at the HPD door trim on the 22’s as well. I checked with Honda and the doors are the same part#. (theoretically it should work) Curious if anyone else has done or thought of doing these changes.
Lastly can the gloss black (elite) dash interior panels and gear select panel from the elite be swapped to the sport? I’m sure someone has done or tried this before, but didn’t find anything in the search.
Pic of current setup!

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts

Looking at adding a couple more items to my 2019 sport. I love the new exhaust tips on the 22 and was wondering if anyone knew if they would bolt up to the 19 and work with the bumper? I would buy the entire muffler from Honda as I know the tips are welded. I was also looking at the HPD door trim on the 22’s as well. I checked with Honda and the doors are the same part#. (theoretically it should work) Curious if anyone else has done or thought of doing these changes.
Pic of current setup!

I appreciated your 20 inch 2022 Passport wheel photos earlier. I don't like the other '22 wheel options/sizes but if the '22 PP had your wheels in 18 inch I will get them too.

We have a 2020 Touring which my wife is the primary driver. I'm not smitten by the front of the '22 PP especially because of the downgrade to plain projector headlights without the complex lens system that is proven to be brighter than the plain projectors borrowed from the Ridgeline.

But I really like the angular rear end of the '22 and I'm considering a rear bumper and exhaust tail swap...as soon as I find anyone who can confirm the new rear bumper will fit the 2020 PP.

You don't need the entire muffler, just the tail ends, see Honda parts diagram below. But to get a clean job I believe the rear bumper has to be changed while changing the exhaust tails because the exhaust tails and the bumper outlets of the '22 are round while those of the 2019-2021 are somewhat ovoid. Mixing them together will not achieve the '22 rear end look. In addition to the different shapes, the bumper exhaust outlets on the 2022 also seems to be cut higher than the outlets on the 2019-2021 bumper, I outlined the different exhaust tail heights in comparison to bumper molding in the image below, one drops lower than the bumper while the other sits high in the bumper.

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

The final consideration is the exhaust tails themself, if indeed they are higher, did Honda just bend the pipes differently to make them sit higher on the 2022 or the tails have different mounting points under the vehicle? If Honda just bent the pipes higher then it should be a direct swap out but if Honda used different mounting points then replacing them will be more involving.

Line Font Parallel Diagram Auto part

·
Registered
2021 AWD Sport Crystal Black / 2021 AWD EX-L lSteel Metallic
262 Posts

Lastly can the gloss black (elite) dash interior panels and gear select panel from the elite be swapped to the sport? I’m sure someone has done or tired this before, but didn’t find anything in the search.
Pic of current setup!
I too like the new tips! You can buy them for $156 each which is steep for me for just a tip. I'm sure you can get the same look much cheaper for an after market tip. A good muffler shop can get the welded ones off and replace with new tips. I would suggest you visit a muffler shop for their options before a purchase.

·
Registered
2020 Passport EX-L Black Copper
57 Posts
I have the 2022 HPD mudflaps on my 2020. There is a little difference as you can tell just above the H in HPD. But its negligable to me.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
601 Posts
Why would you not just get the flaps for the 2020? Are the 2022 better in some way?
I have the old mud flaps and 2022 looks like they have a little more protection.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I appreciated your 20 inch 2022 Passport wheel photos earlier. I don't like the other '22 wheel options/sizes but if the '22 PP had your wheels in 18 inch I will get them too.

We have a 2020 Touring which my wife is the primary driver. I'm not smitten by the front of the '22 PP especially because of the downgrade to plain projector headlights without the complex lens system that is proven to be brighter than the plain projectors borrowed from the Ridgeline.

But I really like the angular rear end of the '22 and I'm considering a rear bumper and exhaust tail swap...as soon as I find anyone who can confirm the new rear bumper will fit the 2020 PP.

You don't need the entire muffler, just the tail ends, see Honda parts diagram below. But to get a clean job I believe the rear bumper has to be changed while changing the exhaust tails because the exhaust tails and the bumper outlets of the '22 are round while those of the 2019-2021 are somewhat ovoid. Mixing them together will not achieve the '22 rear end look. In addition to the different shapes, the bumper exhaust outlets on the 2022 also seems to be cut higher than the outlets on the 2019-2021 bumper, I outlined the different exhaust tail heights in comparison to bumper molding in the image below, one drops lower than the bumper while the other sits high in the bumper.

View attachment 13500

The final consideration is the exhaust tails themself, if indeed they are higher, did Honda just bend the pipes differently to make them sit higher on the 2022 or the tails have different mounting points under the vehicle? If Honda just bent the pipes higher then it should be a direct swap out but if Honda used different mounting points then replacing them will be more involving.

View attachment 13499
Just checked with honda, They should mount and be bent the same way as the mid pipe is exactly the same from both year passports. I went ahead and ordered them so we shall see how they will look with the bumper. I dont think the cutout will be an issue as far as the looks of it go. Interested to see how this goes

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just checked with honda, They should mount and be bent the same way as the mid pipe is exactly the same from both year passports. I went ahead and ordered them so we shall see how they will look with the bumper. I dont think the cutout will be an issue as far as the looks of it go. Interested to see how this goes
Please let me know! Good luck!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks for the update, good to know the tail pipes are direct replacement. I will determine if I'm going the bumper + tail pipes replacement route after I see how yours looks. I have to wait anyhow because my preferred Honda OEM parts dealer (Honda Parts Now) has not even started offering 2022 parts yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Exhaust is installed. Perfect fit install wise, but not 100% sold on the look with our bumper. The finish is very loud from my black and white theme. I will update again in a few weeks when i get around to painting the tips and then ill make a final decision if they stay or go. What does everyone think?

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Could they have slid them on further so its tucked better to the bumper? I like the look but think i would prefer them not sticking out quite that far.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Looks quite good, better than I expected without the matching 2022 rear bumper.
I'm doing this mod too but I will get the 2022 rear bumper alongside, I think that should nest the chrome tips in better.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
511 Posts
Looks quite good, better than I expected without the matching 2022 rear bumper.
I'm doing this mod too but I will get the 2022 rear bumper alongside, I think that should nest the chrome tips in better.
I'm not trying to be negative here, but more cautionary. Before you put down your hard earned money I would physically pull your PP up next to a 2022 and compare the rear quarter panels. Just looking at your picture in post #3, I don't see how the '22 bumper will tie into our older models. I don't see it being a clean swap. Plus you have the issue with the backup lenses.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
511 Posts
Exhaust is installed. Perfect fit install wise, but not 100% sold on the look with our bumper. The finish is very loud from my black and white theme. I will update again in a few weeks when i get around to painting the tips and then ill make a final decision if they stay or go. What does everyone think?
Would agree that taming down the chrome will look better. My first impression was WOW they do look badass.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm not trying to be negative here, but more cautionary. Before you put down your hard earned money I would physically pull your PP up next to a 2022 and compare the rear quarter panels. Just looking at your picture in post #3, I don't see how the '22 bumper will tie into our older models. I don't see it being a clean swap. Plus you have the issue with the backup lenses.
You are absolutely right. I have some concerns about the 2022 rear bumper being a direct fit on the 2019-2021 model years too, that's why I've decided to go real slow with the mod and see what other folks are doing. However it goes I will change the exhaust tails only if the 2022 rear bumpers will fit, I think they both come in a package, one without the other exposes the mod.

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
601 Posts
Those look fantastic!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Could they have slid them on further so its tucked better to the bumper? I like the look but think i would prefer them not sticking out quite that far.
They are fixed so there is no way to adjust them, but they are not really sticking out from top down. It shows that way from the side because the rear bumper trim is curved toward the side and the tips have a side angle to them like the A spec Acura cars. We'll see how the black looks. I really love how the look from the rear but im hoping the black tips will tone down the sides a good bit. If not i will likely remove them

1 - 20 of 28 Posts