Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently shopping a Sport AWD or an EXL AWD. Curious if anybody with a 21 Sport has any comments, this would apply to the newly updated infotainment version, seat fabric and lack of standard features vs the EXL.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bought a new Sport model four weeks ago. I traded in a 2016 Pilot EX with 105,000 miles on it. I bought the PP simply because in five years of ownership with the Pilot I never once used the third seat. After careful consideration I decided on the Sport over the EXL because I specifically didn’t want leather seats, a moonroof (never used the one on my CR-V), or heated seats. I couldn’t see paying 5K more for these things. I gave up a couple of things by getting the Sport. I miss the heated side mirrors (driving up and down in the mountains in the winter they fog up), the right side camera for lane change, and lighted vanity mirrors. The Sport seat is very comfortable although it doesn’t have an adjustable lumbar support. I have a very bad back and the Sport seat seems quite adequate without the lumbar (FWIW, the Honda lumbar hits you in the middle of the back anyway and really wasn’t very comfortable). I paid to have the auto-dimming Homelink mirror added to my Sport. Honda is nickel and dimeing buyers now days with items like lighted vanity mirrors, heated side mirrors (a safety item in my opinion) and power lift gate. Vehicles costing 10k less from other manufacturers have these included. Honda really is striving hard to be North America Honda by offering North American craftsmanship.....a step back in my opinion. Anyway, if you need leather, moonroof, and heated seats and are willing to pony up 5K to get these items you have to go with the EXL.

·
Registered
2021 Passport Sport AWD
6 Posts
I just picked up a 2021 Sport as well. The big selling point for me on the 2021 Sport was the standard infotainment center on all models. I looked at the EX-L and it was really nice with all the extra options. However was not necessary for my needs. Most of my past Honda's have been at least the EX trims or higher. If you want something with more of a luxurious feel, the EX-L will have all the options to you'll want. Surprisingly I've been really happy with my base Sport model. It has the tri-zone climate control, remote start, 215-Watt Audio System with 7 Speakers, including Subwoofer and all the standard sensors except for blind spot. If only the Sport had the power tailgate and heated seats, it would be a perfect base model.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Currently shopping a Sport AWD or an EXL AWD. Curious if anybody with a 21 Sport has any comments, this would apply to the newly updated infotainment version, seat fabric and lack of standard features vs the EXL.
I echo all of these thoughts. I have a 2019 Sport (my past vehicles all have been mid-level models) but I felt that the Sport had all that I needed. The only thing that I truly miss is the heated side mirrors (I also agree this should be a standard safety feature). I had a car with a moonroof and although it is a nice thing to have (for me), my last car had mechanical issues (moonroof would open fine, but then got stuck, would not close properly) which made me apprehensive. I love my Sport and missing this item is a minimal annoyance. Good luck on your decision...go with your heart. Either way, I'm sure you will make the best choice for you.(y)

·
Registered
2021 AWD Sport Crystal Black / 2021 Sport Steel Metallic
77 Posts
Just purchased two 2021 pp, one for wife and one for me. Both sport models. We don't care for leather or moon/heat roof. The only option the wife misses is the auto tailgate. Will get an after market installed if and when comes out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts