Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Passport Touring
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new 2021 Passport Touring in Sept. and have brushed a curb a few times (when parking) scuffing the front passenger wheel slightly along where the wheel and tire meet. Doesn't anyone know of a method to remove the scuffs? I don't know how deep the light charcoal color of the wheels penetrates into the metal so I didn't know if a light sanding would help or make things worse. If the color is only on the surface and an aluminum color is underneath, a sanding would make things look bad. Just curious if anyone has tried this or not. Thanks.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Welcome to the world of 20" rims with low profile tires.
The quickest and easiest way to cover the exposed silver aluminum is to get a grey sharpie marker $7.77 ea locally or order a Grey Enamel Paint marker $7.99
Finally, Passport Forums Classifieds

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,304 Posts
Thank you! Should I sand down the abrasion areas to make them smooth and then apply the paint, I would presume?
Yes, try to make it look as smooth as possible

·
Registered
511 Posts
I got a new 2021 Passport Touring in Sept. and have brushed a curb a few times (when parking) scuffing the front passenger wheel slightly along where the wheel and tire meet. Doesn't anyone know of a method to remove the scuffs? I don't know how deep the light charcoal color of the wheels penetrates into the metal so I didn't know if a light sanding would help or make things worse. If the color is only on the surface and an aluminum color is underneath, a sanding would make things look bad. Just curious if anyone has tried this or not. Thanks.
Perhaps it's time for some old fashion curb feelers. Better than beating up your wheels if you can't stay off the curbs.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Passport EX-L 2WD
8 Posts
If it’s really bad and you want it restored to new my local Honda dealership has a service (3rd party on site company ) that removes the tire and sands repaints etc to new . It’s 175.00 per tire. Expensive . However as others of mentioned this is a new reality with low profile tires not protecting the rim. I have same issue and just ordered the paint marker . Hopefully it works !

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,304 Posts
If it’s really bad and you want it restored to new my local Honda dealership has a service (3rd party on site company ) that removes the tire and sands repaints etc to new . It’s 175.00 per tire. Expensive . However as others of mentioned this is a new reality with low profile tires not protecting the rim. I have same issue and just ordered the paint marker . Hopefully it works !
At $175 per repair, you can see a complete new set of 18" wheels (that require ZERO repairs...EVER) could be had for 5-8 repair jobs...

Reactions: Gray_Beard

·
Registered
84 Posts
I normally don't get close to the curbs but Honda really need to put tires that have rim protector on the 20 inch wheels.
If I ever scuff the wheels, I might have the body shop to machine turn them to have a machine turned face.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts