Honda Passport Forum banner
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Purchased 2021 PP Touring Deep Scarlett Pearl. Not a huge fan of the gray seats, but was the only option. Purchased mid-summer. Inventory seems even worse now...

Vehicle: (net of tax, registration and $1,250 incentive available at the time) : $39,378
Tow package - hitch, harness, ATF cooler and liftgate adapter and lift gate adapter: $1,306 installed. Lift gate adapter on back-order.
Various accessories - splash guards, door edge guards, OEM floor mats, cargo tray and cover (used Costco discount pricing): $686

Dealer did not offer Honda Care. Purchased from Hyannis 8 year/120K $1,580 (thought it was worth the cost with so many tech features on vehicle)

All in net tax/reg: $42,950

Add $1,300 for used 18" OEM Ridgeline wheels and Michelin X-Ice snows

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's a pretty good deal in the current environment. I am personally one to install the accessories myself, but the tow package deal with the cooler installed is pretty dang good with the labor included. Been debating getting an extended warranty, but probably going with route 66 since they cover vehicles with aftermarket lifts.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Purchased 2021 PP Touring Deep Scarlett Pearl. Not a huge fan of the gray seats, but was the only option. Purchased mid-summer. Inventory seems even worse now...

Vehicle: (net of tax, registration and $1,250 incentive available at the time) : $39,378
Tow package - hitch, harness, ATF cooler and liftgate adapter and lift gate adapter: $1,306 installed. Lift gate adapter on back-order.
Various accessories - splash guards, door edge guards, OEM floor mats, cargo tray and cover (used Costco discount pricing): $686

Dealer did not offer Honda Care. Purchased from Hyannis 8 year/120K $1,580 (thought it was worth the cost with so many tech features on vehicle)

All in net tax/reg: $42,950

Add $1,300 for used 18" OEM Ridgeline wheels and Michelin X-Ice snows
It is good to see you didn't cave to a greedy dealer that wanted MSRP or better.
I have the same year, color and trim level. I like the light gray seats. It breaks up the mass of mono dark gray in the rest of the interior. Lift gate adapter? Do you mean adapter for a hands free lift gate?

·
Registered
14 Posts
It is good to see you didn't cave to a greedy dealer that wanted MSRP or better.
I have the same year, color and trim level. I like the light gray seats. It breaks up the mass of mono dark gray in the rest of the interior. Lift gate adapter? Do you mean adapter for a hands free lift gate?
Yes. The tow package comes with an adapter for the foot activated lift gate. The original sensor was under the trailer hitch. I think the adapter moves the sensor 8" or so to the right. Has been on back-order for several months. Seems like a part that is hard to obtain. No big deal waiting for it though.

·
Registered
2021 AWD Sport Crystal Black / 2021 Sport Steel Metallic
77 Posts
Just purchased 2, 1 for wife(sport) steel metallic and 1 for me, crystal black sport awd with racks. Both same price at $34 k out the door after $1250 rebate. Got mine at same price for two reasons, know the dealership owner personally and purchased wife's two weeks before mine.

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
They are stackable as long as the dealer allows it.
We picked up the 2021 yesterday. Paid MSRP for it and then had the $1000 off the top and $1250 off the bottom. Not bad considering I sold my 2019 of the same trim to CarMax for about the same as the pre-tax price (thanks to those incentives) of the 2021! :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
The dealer refused to offer a discount off MSRP?(n)
No, the price was MSRP. Then had the two incentives from Honda applied ($1000 loyalty which came off the top and $1250 customer cash which came off the bottom).

$1250 customer cash is post-tax, so effectively (for my 7% tax rate) was the same as $1168.22 off the top.

So with those incentives, I basically paid MSRP minus $2168.22.

Sorry if confusing.

·
Registered
511 Posts
No, the price was MSRP. Then had the two incentives from Honda applied ($1000 loyalty which came off the top and $1250 customer cash which came off the bottom).

$1250 customer cash is post-tax, so effectively (for my 7% tax rate) was the same as $1168.22 off the top.

So with those incentives, I basically paid MSRP minus $2268.22.

Sorry if confusing.
You sound happy with the price you paid and I'm glad for you. It's only you that matters when you're spending your money. It still irks me that most dealers today are so very greedy as to not offer at least some form of discount off the MSRP. I had to search a bit to find one that would deal fairly but I found one. Since July I purchased my 2021 Passport and 2021 RDX at 8% below MSRP from them plus the $1,250 Honda incentive.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You sound happy with the price you paid and I'm glad for you. It's only you that matters when you're spending your money. It still irks me that most dealers today are so very greedy as to not offer at least some form of discount off the MSRP. I had to search a bit to find one that would deal fairly but I found one. Since July I purchased my 2021 Passport and 2021 RDX at 8% below MSRP from them plus the $1,250 Honda incentive.
Only my 2nd time ever paying sticker (1st was October when we got a CR-V). But no heartburn since we got way over KBB from CarMax for the cars we replaced. In IL, they changed the law so you can only get the trade-tax benefit on the first $10,000, so only $700 benefit for me. But straight up check from CarMax was well more than that delta anyway.

Some other local dealers (within 50 miles) wanted $2000 or $2500 over sticker or had $800-$3500 of forced add-ons. No way. I didn't have to buy anything extra at this dealer (installs, warranty, etc). They did install, per my request, the heated steering wheel plus front window tints for $619 extra which I thought was fair.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Only my 2nd time ever paying sticker (1st was October when we got a CR-V). But no heartburn since we got way over KBB from CarMax for the cars we replaced. In IL, they changed the law so you can only get the trade-tax benefit on the first $10,000, so only $700 benefit for me. But straight up check from CarMax was well more than that delta anyway.

Some other local dealers (within 50 miles) wanted $2000 or $2500 over sticker or had $800-$3500 of forced add-ons. No way. I didn't have to buy anything extra at this dealer (installs, warranty, etc). They did install, per my request, the heated steering wheel plus front window tints for $619 extra which I thought was fair.
I know that a heated steering wheel (installed) cost $602.52 at the dealer I purchased my Passport from. So, I guess your dealer was feeling really generous when they sold you a heated steering wheel and tinted your 2 front windows for $619.00. Again...If you're happy with the deal you negotiated, that is all that matters.

·
Registered
5 Posts

So with those incentives, I basically paid MSRP minus $2168.22.

Sorry if confusing.

MSRP minus the PP cash is all I'm finding in Indiana and the surrounding area. I can't motivate myself to pay MSRP for a car

·
Registered
511 Posts
MSRP minus the PP cash is all I'm finding in Indiana and the surrounding area. I can't motivate myself to pay MSRP for a car
Jaco....I don't know if you have any interest in buying a plane ticket to Colorado to buy a Passport at $2k plus off MSRP but, the Honda/Acura I deal with is still offering to negotiate. Private e-mail me if you are interested.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts