Honda Passport Forum banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up one in NYC. No added options. Dealer threw in all weather mats and wheel locks.

EX-L
Platinum White Pearl
Vehicle Price: $39.1k
OTD Price: $39.1k + Destination/Tax/DMV Fees

On par with my TrueCar comparisons. Must be the current market and area where I am located. Doesn’t seem like those deals everyone posted previously exists anymore.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Paid 45 grand after turning my 2010 terrain with 130,000 miles on it. Bought the 10 year 120,000 warranty for 28 hundred bumper to bumper for a grand total of 47,800 dollars here in NJ. Paid in full.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I paid a little under $37,000 for an EX-L (+$1,065 in add-ons, $848 in fees, and ~$3,100 in taxes) from a dealership outside of Portland, Oregon. I searched within a 150- and then 500-mile radius of my home in Tahoe, using Truecar.com to elicit offers from dealerships in Nevada, California, Utah, and Idaho. The Portland dealership's offer was $1,000 better than I got in Idaho and Utah and $2-4,000 better than in Nevada and Northern California. The added price was a $79 flight to Portland and a 9-hour drive home (with a quick visit to Crater Lake).

Early impressions of the Passport: It's very comfortable and I like the elevated seating position on the road. I did a lot of passing on two-lane country highways on the way back, and the pickup speed on the Passport is great. My other car is a 2018 CR-V, and the Passport feels like a bigger, stronger, nicer version, which is pretty much exactly what we wanted. The downsides of the Passport were its overzealous sensing tech and the often-confused auto-high beam function. (My CR-V has the same tech, but it seems to work better.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I paid a little under $37,000 for an EX-L (+$1,065 in add-ons, $848 in fees, and ~$3,100 in taxes) from a dealership outside of Portland, Oregon. I searched within a 150- and then 500-mile radius of my home in Tahoe, using Truecar.com to elicit offers from dealerships in Nevada, California, Utah, and Idaho. The Portland dealership's offer was $1,000 better than I got in Idaho and Utah and $2-4,000 better than in Nevada and Northern California. The added price was a $79 flight to Portland and a 9-hour drive home (with a quick visit to Crater Lake).

View attachment 11693

Early impressions of the Passport: It's very comfortable and I like the elevated seating position on the road. I did a lot of passing on two-lane country highways on the way back, and the pickup speed on the Passport is great. My other car is a 2018 CR-V, and the Passport feels like a bigger, stronger, nicer version, which is pretty much exactly what we wanted. The downsides of the Passport were its overzealous sensing tech and the often-confused auto-high beam function. (My CR-V has the same tech, but it seems to work better.)
Which dealership/contact if I may ask?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Which dealership/contact if I may ask?
Hillsboro. A month ago, I also got a quote of about $35.5k for an EX-L from a dealership in Carson City, NV. But the car sold before I realized what a good deal that was, and I don't think they've had any in stock for the last three weeks.

Note that a downside to seeking a bunch of Truecar.com offers is that you will subsequently receive a constant flow of calls, texts, and emails from various dealerships.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been searching for a good two weeks, and looking at past posts of what people paid. I'm in no rush, but the best offer I can get is $39,500 for a Touring model. The average being about $42,000. Such a shame as these cars were going for $37,500 it seems a few months ago. So close, yet so far away...

·
Registered
2020 Elite BCP
65 Posts
Just bought a new 2020 Elite in black copper pearl with less than 200 test drive miles on it for $40,034 including fees/destination, but not taxes. I know this is a thread for 2021s, but figured this might help others. 'Not sure why this '20 Elite was still available...dealer thought maybe the black copper pearl color (not my first choice, but I'm liking it so far...if you live in a sunnier area you'll get plenty of 'copper' days...cloudier locations not so much...mostly black). Dealer is Tyrrell Honda in Cheyenne, WY, which I can certainly recommend (particularly sales associate Kelly Myers). Several other dealers I emailed about vehicles wouldn't give me the time of day in this sellers' market without my physically visiting. Tyrrell worked for and got the sale.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Just bought a new 2020 Elite in black copper pearl with less than 200 test drive miles on it for $40,034 including fees/destination, but not taxes. I know this is a thread for 2021s, but figured this might help others. 'Not sure why this '20 Elite was still available...dealer thought maybe the black copper pearl color. Dealer is Tyrrell Honda in Cheyenne, WY, which I can certainly recommend. Several other dealers I emailed about vehicles wouldn't give me the time of day in this sellers' market without my physically visiting. Tyrrell worked for and got the sale.
Good for you and your persistence in obtaining a good deal. As I mentioned in other posts, there are still dealers out there are willing to work with people and not gouge them on price because they can. Just because the public is willing to pay MSRP and above does not mean they have not been exploited.

·
Registered
33 Posts
2021 Sport AWD Crystal Black, Black Interior. OTD $40,327.75. Basically, I am paying MSRP plus tax no markup, and no dealer accessories add-on. In Southern California
Wow that’s crazy 😱

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been shopping for a passport touring and having a tough time finding anyone under MSRP because there are so few cars on the lot. The MSRP on my car was 42,900. I paid $40,605. I know that it not a great price but it was the best I could do at the present time. I know there was a $1250 rebate from Honda on the car so the dealer discount was about $1,100. I am in Akron Ohio. I did get about $400 over Kelly Blue Book on my trade. Hope this helps people that are looking. My wife loves her new car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bought a 2018 Honda CRV Lx at 2200 in 2018 December. I drove that CRV for 3 years and it had 41000 miles on it. Last week I traded that CRV for $22500 with my 2021 Honda Passport Touring.

For the touring, MSRP was $43300, Dealer Adds was $2499, Doc fee was $599

I got a $1500 rebate, $22500 on the previous Honda CRV, and financed the rest with 0% APR

·
Registered
8 Posts
What are dealer Ads? Did the dealer discount from MSRP before the $1500 (Honda I presume) rebate?
Dealer adds (1000$ Market adjustment fee+ 1499$ for some all-season floor mats, window tint, and something else I forgot) No discount on MSRP.

Not a great deal I know. But I traded my previous card for 500$ more after 3 years.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Dealer adds (1000$ Market adjustment fee+ 1499$ for some all-season floor mats, window tint, and something else I forgot) No discount on MSRP.

Not a great deal I know. But I traded my previous card for 500$ more after 3 years.
Why did you accept "not a great deal'' ??
There are still dealerships out there who are willing to work with people and not gouge and take advantage of the buyers who cave into their greed. You just have to go find them.
Last Thursday I purchased a new 2021 Acura RDX with Advance Package at 8% under MSRP.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why did you accept "not a great deal'' ??
There are still dealerships out there who are willing to work with people and not gouge and take advantage of the buyers who cave into their greed. You just have to go find them.
Last Thursday I purchased a new 2021 Acura RDX with Advance Package at 8% under MSRP.
What dealer did you purchase from?

81 - 100 of 118 Posts