Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in interior I should have posted it here.

Bought the Passport a month and a half ago, went on a 3K mile road trip. When going over dips or bumps at speed, the driver seat creaks from the right rear pillar of the seat.

Took it into the dealer and they acknowledged it creaked, but said "other Passports" creak to so its a "characteristic" of the Passport.

Having had many high mileage vehicles over 200K in my life without a peep from the seats, I am going to get this addressed under warranty with Honda. Im not going to listen to a seat creak for the next 10 years. One way or the other this will be fixed.

Has anyone else had this problem with their Passport?

·
Registered
156 Posts
no creaks here probably the quietest vehicle i have owned

Reactions: CHEFERMAN65

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport EXL
7 Posts
No creaks here neither, have mines for 7 months now, drove it out of state a few times already. Silent.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Bought the Passport a month and a half ago, went on a 3K mile road trip. When going over dips or bumps at speed, the driver seat creaks from the right rear pillar of the seat.

Took it into the dealer and they acknowledged it creaked, but said "other Passports" creak to so its a "characteristic" of the Passport.

Having had many high mileage vehicles over 200K in my life without a peep from the seats, I am going to get this addressed under warranty with Honda. Im not going to listen to a seat creak for the next 10 years. One way or the other this will be fixed.

Same exact problem at less than 2000 miles. It makes creaking noise along the driver side. Sometimes is vey subtle other times very noticeable. It started when accelerating from a full stop, then started making the noise while breaking . It had gotten worse and happened on right turns and randomly while driving along. It also made clunking sound, but again, not consistently. It does seem worse on uneven roads but as you said, we also have had cars for over 200k miles and NEVER made any annoying and also concerning noises. Three visits later they found a defective strut, BUT after replacing it, the creaking noises came back within two days. I'm starting to think a lawsuit should be coming...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same exact problem at less than 2000 miles. It makes creaking noise along the driver side. Sometimes is vey subtle other times very noticeable. It started when accelerating from a full stop, then started making the noise while breaking . It had gotten worse and happened on right turns and randomly while driving along. It also made clunking sound, but again, not consistently. It does seem worse on uneven roads but as you said, we also have had cars for over 200k miles and NEVER made any annoying and also concerning noises. Three visits later they found a defective strut, BUT after replacing it, the creaking noises came back within two days. I'm starting to think a lawsuit should be coming...
Take it in. They did lube up something in my front seats. Although they denied it was a "problem". It went away after a few days and has not come back.

·
Registered
Passport Sport AWD
145 Posts
Same problem here. Took mine into the dealer and they said the seat frame needs replacement and its covered under warranty.
They ordered the part and took 1 full day to replace it and gave me a receipt with ZERO balance but it was approximately total of $4200 parts/labor "according to the invoice"
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,708 Posts
My back seat creaked like Grandpas old pick up truck did every time I accelerated from a stop.
Dealer said they couldn’t replicate it, nor could they drive with me because of insurance liability - whatever!
I sprayed the crap out of it underneath with WD40, slammed the seat up, down, back and tightened anything I could get to. It stopped immediately.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My back seat creaked like Grandpas old pick up truck did every time I accelerated from a stop.
Dealer said they couldn’t replicate it, nor could they drive with me because of insurance liability - whatever!
I sprayed the crap out of it underneath with WD40, slammed the seat up, down, back and tightened anything I could get to. It stopped immediately.
Im pretty sure thats what the dealer did to mine. Good to point that out and confirm.

·
Registered
4 Posts

My seat doesn’t creak, but my driver side door does. If I gently push in by the handle, it creaks horribly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same issue after JUST 4500miles. They diagnosed that there’s something wrong with the seat frame. Will be replaced based on warranty. Waiting time tho for parts is around 2months.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My '21 EX-L has 7500 on the clock. The creaking or popping started around 4000 mi. I took it to the dealer and they told me that sometimes you have to fully cycle the seat, meaning move it in all directions because it needs to be lubed. I let them play their game. Didn't fix it. So I spoke with the service manager, he said when I bring it back he'll take a look at it. Said if it needs seat rails, he'll replace them. We'll see. Waiting on new connectors for my stereo, keep loosing steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My '21 EX-L has 7500 on the clock. The creaking or popping started around 4000 mi. I took it to the dealer and they told me that sometimes you have to fully cycle the seat, meaning move it in all directions because it needs to be lubed. I let them play their game. Didn't fix it. So I spoke with the service manager, he said when I bring it back he'll take a look at it. Said if it needs seat rails, he'll replace them. We'll see. Waiting on new connectors for my stereo, keep loosing steering wheel controls.
My driver seat started creaking after 4500miles. Replaced whole seat frame based on warranty. Creaking sound is gone! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
So, I guess I'm not being aggressive enough, but honestly I love my PP, just not Hondas build quality, andI'm also tired of it being in the service dept all the time. They pulled the seat out and resecured it. That fixed the creak and pop for about a month. It showed itself Saturday. Sunday, I broke the seat bolts free and re tightened them, seems to have fixed it again, for now. I also had to fix a vibration from bass in my passenger front door. Big piece of foam between the panel and door. Ugh.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts