Regarding that long list of issues . . .2021 honda passport awd sport...LOVE THIS CAR BUT HAVING MULTIPLE ISSUES.
1) fog lights are not turning on separately as they have been since Dec 2020...and won't show on dash. I have to turn on both lights for fog lights to work. Just started 2 weeks ago.
2) The interior dash lights do not show when on.
3) just had oil change and tire rotation honda never reset the maintenance minder...had it checked by a different dealer and it was reset. Now still reading Engine oil, tire rotation!!!!
4) check engine light came on in February while driving to Florida maybe had 1500 miles, no codes showed up..light went off haven't seen it since.
5) transmission seems to get stuck in a gear when trying to accelerate, and gears seem to have trouble shift..
6) white smoke from exhaust.....
7) burning rubber smell while driving
8) using navigation unable to listen to radio
9) Auto engine idle unavailable yes car must have straight steering wheel and the air on low for this to happen but it happens with a straight steering wheel and no AC on.
YES I TOOK IT TO 3 DEALERS....AND THEY SAID EVERYTHING WAS FINE....FILED A COMPLAINT WITH HONDA...I THINK ITS A LEMON...FEEL UNSAFE DRIVING...Love the car ...but not sure what to do
ANY ADVICE OR GUIDANCE ON ANYTHING WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
1) Factory Passport foglights only work when the headlights are on. Check your Owner's Guide.
2) Have you tried adjusting the dimmer switch on the dash? There is a brightness control switch above the Start button.
When the power mode is in ON, you can use the - or + to adjust instrument panel brightness. The brightness level is shown on the display while you are adjusting it. Press the [+] button until the brightness display is up to max, and the beeper sounds.
3) Did you try to reset it yourself? Refer to your manual on how to reset the maintenance minder display. Are you immediately getting same maintenance code (ie - A1 or B1) or a different code?
4) Did you investigate the check engine light? Autozone, O'Reillys, and other local auto parts stores will access/read your codes for no charge. Unless battery was disconnected or OBDII reader reset/cleared the February code, it should still be accessible to read from the ECU memory
5) Honda's 9-Speed transmission (and all ZF 9-speeds) can be finicky, and have many negative comments. Suggest you try pushing the Green ECO button to disengage ECO mode, for subtle performance increase. Or simply use "S" mode instead of "D" mode for even more spirited performance.
6) Likely Water vapor after cold start?
7) Traction Control off and aggressively driving in "S" mode . . . ?
8) Never heard of that issue before . . .
9) Assume you are referring to Auto Idle Stop. Some forum members pay aftermarket companies $$$ to add a device to circumvent Auto Idle Stop, while most others simply depress that button on the center console to turn it off. Many members here would consider it a good thing if their Passport avoids activating that system. Actually, many factors can affect that system, including HVAC settings, engine coolant temperature too low ot too high, brake pedal not pressed firmly, low battery, high interior humidity, etc.
What did you service advisor discuss with you regarding each of these concerns?