Honda Passport Forum banner

2021 Honda Passport Upgrades

41K views 85 replies 19 participants last post by  Beaver8059 
#1 ·
Here is a list of upgrades I have accomplished so far since picking up my Passport:

1. WeatherTech: Changed out the Honda floor mats for WeatherTech 3D floor mats (Model: 448391IM-448392). Added a Bumpstep (Model: 8ALPBF1) and Bumpframe w/ SS Hitch Pin (Model: 8A3BSWHP3). And bought the Sunshade (Model: TS1257) and storage bag (Model: 8WTTSB2);
3. CupHolderHero: Added liners w/ grey accent. I kept the Honda OEM mat that is down in the center console abyss as it has a nice lip on it;
4. Photodon: Applied a screen protector 8" in 9HO (Model: 2368-02). This went on quite well with no bubbles/ dust/ etc;
5. Saddleman: Put on Neosupreme seat covers on the front and rear seats. There are a couple ongoing issues with this and I am in contact with Saddleman at the moment, but for the most part they are quite nice. I do a lot of diving, so I need to protect the leather seats from water damage. I may wind up going with a full Neoprene for the drivers-side seat just for even more protection;
6. Wheels and Tires: Black Rhino Overland 18x8 (Model: 1880VRL355120M76), Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/60R18 (Model: 28034854), Continental VDO 3751 TPMS Sensors (Model: 31302096), Bimecc Lug Nut Set M14x1.5 Small-Diameter 2.2" (Model: 80547). Hub Centric Rings and Lock Set are on order. I bought a fifth wheel/tire to have a full-size spare for when I head up to the mountains (no, not in FL). The techs at Honda were able to adjust the TPMS system for the different nominal tire pressure (36psi), but there is no way to change tire size in the system for the Passport/ Pilot/ Ridgeline. Purchased and installed by Discount Tire in Gainesville, FL;
7. Tint & PPF: Llumar Formula One Stratos 30 window tint all around including the sunroof and Llumar PPF film on the full front up the A-Pillars and the leading edge of the roof. Both were performed by Custom Glass and Tint in Gainesville, FL;
8. Ceramic Coating: IGL Ecocoat Kenzo (5-year) ceramic coating over the entire vehicle. Performed by 352 Ceramic & Detail in Ocala, FL;
9. Interior Lighting: I've changed out almost all the interior lights in the vehicle for LEDs (I still need to do the center console and glove box). Important note for the future, pull the 7.5A fuse before removing the existing bulbs (they are very, very hot even with gloves on). Here is the list of LEDs I used:
a. Front and Rear Map Lights: Sylvania Zevo 168 LED Mini-Bulb (4x bulbs);
b. Front Door Courtesy Lights: Sylvania Zevo 194 LED Mini-Bulb (2x bulbs);
c. Rear Cargo Light: SiriusLED 194 T10 Mini-Wedge LED (1x bulb);
d. Vanity Lights: PARTSam 6641F 29mm LED Festoon Bulb (4x bulbs);
e. Center Console and Glove Box Lights: [Brand: 1797?] 2721 T5 Mini-Wedge LED (2x bulbs);

A few items for the trunk:
1. Hulkman Alpha 85 Jump Starter (Model: 85A);
2. ThisWorks 12Vdc Car Vacuum Cleaner (Model: TWVC01BP1);

These are some items I have purchased but not installed yet:
1. NoLo Designs: Skid Plate and Rear Differential Plate;
2. Truxxx: 2" Front/Rear Lift Kit;
3. Lamin-X: Yellow Fog Light Covers;
4. VCMTuner: VCMTuner II for 2007+;

And a couple things I plan to add in the near future:
1. Honda OEM door visors;
2. Honda OEM black emblems for the rear (AWD, Elite, H, Passport);

See less See more
#3 ·
WOW, looks great, you've been very busy with all your upgrades, but I think they are all super useful...!

Oh and welcome to the Forum...

#13 ·
No rubbing. JonDZ has a great video on max tire sizes (). There’s a little extra hum due to the tires at high speed (75mph), but it’s not much. I considered the Nitto RidgeGrapplers and the Continental TerrainContacts, but the Falkens were just a little better (in my own research).

#16 ·
Not really the road noise, but there are numerous reports of chunking with the Nitto’s and that isn’t covered under their warranty. I’m not going to spend that kind of money only to have blocks of the tread rip off with no recourse. The Falken’s edged out the Conti’s in numerous reviews I read on each. Road noise was not the highest concern. I knew there would be a little extra, but reliability, durability, and wet traction were my main concerns. It rains in Florida. A lot. The motto should be ‘The Rain State’.

#18 ·
after going back and forth for over 2 months deciding what to put on my car and seeing how your setup looks i think im sold and I'm seriously considering going the exact same route you did i have the same color pp as well ..any advice on where to purchase for the best price.

#19 ·
I went with Discount Tire. Not sure if that was necessarily the cheapest route, but they deal in both Black Rhino and Falken. I also got 5 of everything so I would have a full-size spare. They did an amazing job. Make sure they order the hub centric rings for a proper fit. Mine are on order, just waiting for them to come in.

#23 ·
Thats the WeatherTech Bumpstep (with stainless steel hitch pin). This is the 12” version. They also make a wider version. It’s made of some sort of plastic, but is very sturdy. It definitely helps you reach the roof. It has multiple hole positions for the hitch pin so you can extended it out farther or bring it in closer.

#24 ·
This is awesome! I’ve added it to my Christmas list.
I don’t need it for the roof, but for reaching the cargo area. My nephew and I recently started having tailgating parties...basically, eating lunch under a shade tree in the back of my passport since so much is shut down.
He‘s only 7 and can’t really climb up without my help and I manage to mess up my pants or shin climbing up!

#45 ·
What is the advantages of doing that C-Gator? Or is it just a color thing?

#46 ·
Fog lights shouldn’t be white, they should be yellow to give higher contrast during foggy conditions. We get some pretty dense fog around this area from time to time, causing many deadly accidents on I-75. Not sure why Honda and other manufacturers put white fog lights on their newer vehicles. As a secondary effect, the lens covers will also protect the lights from rocks, etc.

#55 · (Edited)
At 5K miles, I had the tires rotated and balanced and the first oil change. Once that was done, I installed the VCMTuner II. Here are a few pictures of the installation for reference.

1. Pop the hood and then go put the keys inside the house/ apartment (at least 30 feet away). Make sure the car doors are closed as well.

2. Pop off the plastic bumper cover. Watch for some of the clips that get stuck or left on the car, especially the outer two clips. Pop those off with a pry tool and reattach them to the bumper.

3. Remove the idiot cover from the engine. It should just lift off. No clips. This step isn’t entirely required, but I found it helped get the ECT1 plug off easier.

4. Loosen the front two (2) plastic screws in the front of the air intake. Remove the rear two (2) plastic screws and clips underneath. Then remove the air intake unit.

5. Affix the VCMTuner II to the battery post using the wing nut and velcro strap.

6. Unplug the ECT1 plug from the port on the engine. There’s a clip on the backside. Be careful not to break the plug.

7. Plug the VCMTuner into the now exposed ECT1 port. Plug the previously unplugged ECT1 plug and attach it to the VCMTuner.

8. Make sure you’ve waited at least 30 minutes between when you put the keys inside and this step. Finally attach the red 12Vdc wire from the VCMTuner II to the positive terminal on the battery. For convenience (not included with the kit), I used an additional M6 nut to affix the ring terminal to the post.

Finally, reinstall the air intake unit, reinstall the engine idiot cover, reinstall the bumper cover, and then turn the car on.

Attachments

#57 ·
@CaveGator Do you mind taking a picture of the deadpedal with the WeatherTech on it ? I'm curious to see if its high enough to protect it from road salt and dirt. I noticed there is 2 versions of the Weathertech on their website. The LaserFit and the HP. Dunno which one is higher...:unsure:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.