Honda Passport Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Passport Elite (Modern Steel Metallic, Black Interior)
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
How far does the rear step stick out from the edge of your hitch. Im highly considering getting one but not sure if it will fit in my garage without having to take it off and on
It has multiple holes to extend or contract the position. I keep it on the second hole so it sticks out about 4-5 inches past my bumper.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Took me a while to get around to doing it, but finally installed the Lamin-X fog lens covers:

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,730 Posts
What is the advantages of doing that C-Gator? Or is it just a color thing?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
What is the advantages of doing that C-Gator? Or is it just a color thing?
Fog lights shouldn’t be white, they should be yellow to give higher contrast during foggy conditions. We get some pretty dense fog around this area from time to time, causing many deadly accidents on I-75. Not sure why Honda and other manufacturers put white fog lights on their newer vehicles. As a secondary effect, the lens covers will also protect the lights from rocks, etc.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,813 Posts
Fog lights shouldn’t be white, they should be yellow to give higher contrast during foggy conditions. We get some pretty dense fog around this area from time to time, causing many deadly accidents on I-75. Not sure why Honda and other manufacturers put white fog lights on their newer vehicles. As a secondary effect, the lens covers will also protect the lights from rocks, etc.
Good to know if I ever get out of here for foggier conditions!

Are they just a cover or did you have to replace the headlamp?
If a cover, please post a link.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Good to know if I ever get out of here for foggier conditions!

Are they just a cover or did you have to replace the headlamp?
If a cover, please post a link.
They’re just a film cover with an adhesive. They can be peeled off if need be.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,813 Posts
CaveGator - where are you located?
Or Steven - what do you think? I know it’s been a while since we had a fog out here, but it happens.
And then would I put this over my XPel protection on the lights?

Trying to decide which color would be best for my current (SoCal) and hopefully someday soon (Coastal Oregon) location?
  • Yellow: Bold yellow fog light look during the day, and excellent in white-out and foggy conditions
  • Amber: Our Amber film is a deep orange color that looks create on fog lights and projects an orange light.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
CaveGator - where are you located?
Or Steven - what do you think? I know it’s been a while since we had a fog out here, but it happens.
And then would I put this over my XPel protection on the lights?

Trying to decide which color would be best for my current (SoCal) and hopefully someday soon (Coastal Oregon) location?
  • Yellow: Bold yellow fog light look during the day, and excellent in white-out and foggy conditions
  • Amber: Our Amber film is a deep orange color that looks create on fog lights and projects an orange light.
I’m in North Florida. If you have XPel on your fog lights now, you’ll need to remove that and put this in its place. The LaminX will perform the same protective function as the XPel, just tinted. As for what color to get, I recommend yellow for contrast. That’s the fog lights only real function.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,730 Posts

I'd do some independent research on fog lights and what colors work best, I recall years ago all Lexus cars had yellow and I always wondered why, then they changed to a regular white, as most other car manufactures use, so I have no idea of where the advantages advantaged begin and the sales pitches end...

41 - 54 of 54 Posts