Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Passport Elite (Modern Steel Metallic, Black Interior)
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
There’s one local to me.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,813 Posts
What is that bump step thing?
Must have more info if it’s indeed a step for short people like me!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
What is that bump step thing?
Must have more info if it’s indeed a step for short people like me!
Thats the WeatherTech Bumpstep (with stainless steel hitch pin). This is the 12” version. They also make a wider version. It’s made of some sort of plastic, but is very sturdy. It definitely helps you reach the roof. It has multiple hole positions for the hitch pin so you can extended it out farther or bring it in closer.

·
Super Moderator
1,813 Posts
This is awesome! I’ve added it to my Christmas list.
I don’t need it for the roof, but for reaching the cargo area. My nephew and I recently started having tailgating parties...basically, eating lunch under a shade tree in the back of my passport since so much is shut down.
He‘s only 7 and can’t really climb up without my help and I manage to mess up my pants or shin climbing up!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Not really the road noise, but there are numerous reports of chunking with the Nitto’s and that isn’t covered under their warranty. I’m not going to spend that kind of money only to have blocks of the tread rip off with no recourse. The Falken’s edged out the Conti’s in numerous reviews I read on each. Road noise was not the highest concern. I knew there would be a little extra, but reliability, durability, and wet traction were my main concerns. It rains in Florida. A lot. The motto should be ‘The Rain State’.
Speaking of rain....are you considering splash guards, or what we used to call mud flaps?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I don’t need it for the roof, but for reaching the cargo area. My nephew and I recently started having tailgating parties...basically, eating lunch under a shade tree in the back of my passport since so much is shut down.
He‘s only 7 and can’t really climb up without my help and I manage to mess up my pants or shin climbing up!
Amazon has some bump steps for about 1/2 the price of the WT one. I bought one on Amazon and it is a good product.

·
Registered
504 Posts
The bumpstep I bought on Amazon is made by Juegoal.$30. It looks like a clone of the WT one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Speaking of rain....are you considering splash guards, or what we used to call mud flaps?
I’ll probably get a set of the Honda OEM splash guards. I also need to pick up a set of the rear seat back protectors and the side cargo protectors.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thats the WeatherTech Bumpstep (with stainless steel hitch pin). This is the 12” version. They also make a wider version. It’s made of some sort of plastic, but is very sturdy. It definitely helps you reach the roof. It has multiple hole positions for the hitch pin so you can extended it out farther or bring it in closer.
How much further does the bump step extend ur vehicle?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
How much further does the bump step extend ur vehicle?
At the hole position I have it (second hole from the step), it extends ~4 inches beyond the bumper. I didn’t want it too far out, just enough to clear the bumper.

·
Super Moderator
1,813 Posts
Amazon has some bump steps for about 1/2 the price of the WT one. I bought one on Amazon and it is a good product.
By chance can you post the link, please?

·
Super Moderator
1,813 Posts
hey, I STILL call them mud flaps! 🤣

Reactions: stevenD

·
Super Moderator
1,813 Posts
Sorry, not able to right now. But search for juegoal step bumper on Amazon and you will find it.
cool - I found it! Thanks!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
did you notice much difference in the speedometer reading and what about gas mileage any noticeable change going to the taller wider tire?
So, after putting some miles on, this is what I got: Max mpg was 21.1mpg (hwy only @ ~75mph over 250 miles). Average highway is between 20-21mpg. Non-highway driving I’m getting 17-19mpg. I tested the speedometer against several radar speed limit units that were set up and it was almost spot on (within 1mph).

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Elite Lunar Silver Metallic/Black
21 Posts
Love the build! Will likely do a lot to my passport! Did you get your Hulkman yet? I backed it on kickstarter and they should be going out soon. LMK.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
21 - 40 of 54 Posts