Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,911 Posts
Can we talk about this Bronco! 👍🏻

·
Daimyo
2021 Honda Passport Elite - Tonbo-Giri⛩️
411 Posts
I got a Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend as my new work vehicle and I have to say that I'm actually fairly impressed by how nice it is for the price. My first and biggest concern with the vehicle was the 1.5L 3-cylinder engine but honestly it's not THAT bad. It has selectable drive modes the changes engine performance and overall it is easy to get more power or fuel economy out of. The right is decent and it handles far better than you might imagine. The seats are comfortable and supportive, it is also quiet on the road. The stereo is pretty good.

That being said the company I work with has had this in for three recalls in less than a year, one of which was to fix the brakes which are in no way in better operating condition after the recall was completed. In fact breaking hard will cause the whole vehicle to shake profusely and it is very unsettling. There are definitely some quality issues with this vehicle but overall it's surprisingly nice and seems to be fairly solid all things considered. I'm averaging 31 miles per gallon on the highway too.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Seems like Bronco's are at their best, when they are not moving, they do look cool though.

And I really wish Honda hired decent designers AND the Management that keeps all of them looking so painfully average, was fired!

Hyundai, Kia, Lexus, BMW, Landrover, Audi, Ford, hell, even VW and Volvo are releasing modern and exciting looking new vehicles, while Honda prods along in the slow conservative lane.

And even a new front grill gets us excited...

Shame on you, Helpful Honda guy my arse...

·
Registered
2021 AWD Sport Crystal Black / 2021 AWD EX-L lSteel Metallic
497 Posts
I will say Honda gets high marks with many items with their fleets, styling would be middle of the road imo. With that said, i have ZERO regrets with my purchases. As far as Ford goes, Until purchasing our pp's i have been driving Fords for 40 years. Other than the f150(i have purchased many brand new one's) im not impressed.

·
Daimyo
411 Posts
Until purchasing our pp's i have been driving Fords for 40 years. Other than the f150(i have purchased many brand new one's) im not impressed.
I still greatly prefer my Passport. One vehicle from Ford that is caught my eye is the most recent generation Explorer which is a very nice looking vehicle but it is also a vehicle that has been plagued with many quality issues. It would be on the short list of other vehicles that I would consider alongside the Passport be very worried about long-term reliability if I had one.

I did want to mention about the Bronco, and this might apply to other Ford brand vehicles, is that I have been very impressed by the driver safety features. They function very well and the lane keep assist feature that uses automatic steering assist is the best that I've used on any vehicle that I've driven with that simile feature. Ford has definitely caught up with everybody else and may be doing just as well, if not better, than most in this aspect.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Everyone buys Honda for long term reliability and good retention of resale value, for design, not so much, that is why I was shocked when Honda dropped the Jewel Eye design headlights from the 2022 Passport, those headlights are one of the few standout highlights of the 2019-2021 Passport.
Generally, I suspect that Honda designs are not as sharp as they should be because Honda under funds the design team while the Acura team gets the bulk of the cake. Auto review mags have also noted over time that major auto manufacturers with luxury auto brands tend to have their designers tone down the design of their more common brand in order to prevent their luxury customers from being lured by a "HOT" but less expensive identical vehicle.

·
Daimyo
411 Posts
Generally, I suspect that Honda designs are not as sharp as they should be because Honda under funds the design team while the Acura team gets the bulk of the cake. Auto review mags have also noted over time that major auto manufacturers with luxury auto brands tend to have their designers to tone down the design of their more common brand in order to prevent their luxury customers from being lured by a "HOT" but less expensive identical vehicle.
The Toyota Venza fits your description to a T. It is very Lexus-like but not quite there

·
Daimyo
411 Posts
Someone on BITOG recommend the following YouTuber to me and they made an excellent video breaking down the mechanical ins and outs of many aspects of how the Bronco Sport was built and pieced together. It looks like it would make a great car to lease, and thankfully my company is doing just that, but I always had concerns about the long-term reliability of the 3-cylinder
engine as well as many other components.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,911 Posts
The dealership on the 101 got a really nice looking cement grey bronco in. I’m not even going to stop in and look at it because I might get too tempted. l‘ve got a roof to buy next month, new kitchen and windows next year, and create a laundry /storage cabinet room in the 320sq ft room addition and so many other big purchases.

Reactions: JLH and stevenD
21 - 30 of 30 Posts