Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Thanks for looking.
My new Elite's wireless charger doesn't seem to be working. I own a larger phone. It fits in the charger, no problem there.
However, after I do get it lined up, and that takes a minute, it charges for about 1 minute or so. Then the green light blinks.
I've used a phone case and taken it off, same result.

This isn't rocket science, if it was, I could understand. ;)

Any other large phone users, not a phablet, but more than 6 inches, out there? Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi everyone. Thanks for looking.
My new Elite's wireless charger doesn't seem to be working. I own a larger phone. It fits in the charger, no problem there.
However, after I do get it lined up, and that takes a minute, it charges for about 1 minute or so. Then the green light blinks.
I've used a phone case and taken it off, same result.

This isn't rocket science, if it was, I could understand. ;)

Any other large phone users, not a phablet, but more than 6 inches, out there? Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks for any help.
I've got a Pixel 6 Pro & it works fine on the wireless charger although I usually have it hooked up with a cord for Android Auto. The 6 Pro is 6.7"...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wireless Chargers are very random it seems, a lot of it is the phone as well. If I remember correctly the iPhone 12/13 series have had numerous issues with non apple branded wireless chargers (right after they started selling it’s own apple branded wireless charger, hah!).

Even if you can get it it fit properly, the first bump will probably misalign the coils anyways and it will stop charging.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Galaxy S20 here, I use wireless chargers all the time right now. Desk, Bedside. I have AA wireless now, was hoping to leverage wireless charging in the PP too. It "works" for about 30 minutes tops for me and then the phone says it's pausing because it's too hot. I'm not sure what is happening, but for reliable charging on longer distances I have resulted in plugging in. First world problems I guess...

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have an iPhone 13pro and a 21 passport elite and I can't get the phone to charge more than 3-5 min tops. It just stops charging...I don't even use it now.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I dug pretty deep on this issue, and to save you many headaches, I'll just share this: the wireless charger is extremely hit or miss depending on every model of phone. You either get lucky, or you don't. Plenty of forum posts scattered around the internet on all forums (pilot, odyssey) where people have spent days working with dealerships, getting it replaced multiple times, etc. If I wasn't concerned with the retail value of the car, I'd likely take it apart and see if I could mill out/retrofit a different wireless charger on there, but alas...

For whenever you're ready to give up, I turned mine off in the settings menu just so that it wasn't going to try to heat up anything else. Sorry man. You sound as disappointed as I was... I'll also throw in that I use a 12v adapter from the socket in the center console. And can just tuck the cable right back in when I'm done with it. I use the separate 12v usb adapter because I figure car use can be rough, and I don't want to short out the electronics that are built into the car (resale value!!! 😁)

Reactions: BigJosh
1 - 8 of 8 Posts